• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadlyKidsan

On Moderation
Can any of you suggest any good stations to film at? I preferably would like to film somewhere where I could capture either some FGW HSTs at speed or some Virgin Pendolinos/Voyagers at speed. If any of you could reply with any good places, I'd find that quite helpful. Thank you. :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Didcot Parkway would probably be good for the HSTs, that or Slough.

And for your 390s and 221s probably Nuneaton.

Alistair G.

Nuneaton or rugby is a good place for pendo's and you get the odd voyager as well. Nuneaton I'd say is better for freight as well if you want to add that into the mix.

FGW at speed, I quiet like dawlish, but the place I really like to picture them is coming out of paddington and the place I use for that is royal oak (a stones throw from paddington) and it's saves walking up and down platforms for pictures/numbers!

SGS

Can any of you suggest any good stations to film at? I preferably would like to film somewhere where I could capture either some FGW HSTs at speed or some Virgin Pendolinos/Voyagers at speed. If any of you could reply with any good places, I'd find that quite helpful. Thank you. :D

What part of the country do you want to visit?

Bevan Price

Established Member
I would agree with Rugeley Trent Valley, and also suggest Cheddington for Pendolinos & Voyagers. Remember, whilst many stations tolerate well-behaved photographers, at staffed stations, they prefer you to ask the supervisor if you want to use a tripod, and they might wish to specify those parts of the platform where you can put the tripod.

Status
Not open for further replies.