• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sunday 14th July - still no Advance fares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/44703.aspx

According to the NRE Advance release dates, all operators covering the various routes I could take from Hereford to Southport have released Sunday Advances up to (and in some cases beyond) Sunday 14th July.

However, whichever "via" I put in, not one Advance fare is coming up.

Is it possible that this is an oversight, or perhaps there is some reason that this particular journey is excluded from Advance tickets on this date for some reason?

I'm assuming ATW price the "via Crewe", "via Manchester Piccadilly" and "via Chester" routes, and either LM or Virgin price the "via Birmingham New Street" route?

Is there any way I can "force" the system to offer me an Advance ticket? :lol: I usually book on the eastcoast website, but assume they all use the same source data, so unlikely to find what I want by "shopping around"?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzug2

Hereford/Shrewsbury is bustituted that weekend - maybe that's a partial reason

And if Virgin are involved they haven't got round to that weekend yet either.

trainophile

Established Member
Oops :oops: thanks, I just checked again and I hadn't looked to the bottom of the list, where Virgin are only up to 7th July.

Just have to keep waiting then. I know Hereford to Shrewsbury is bustituted for the whole of June, so presumably the job is continuing into July. Must be a big one!

Status
Not open for further replies.