• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sunderland Station Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GrandCentral

I'm liking the look of the refurbishment. The article talks about creating a '4 track, 4 platform station'. Having spoken to the Council this is very much an asipiration rather than a concrete plan and would probably only happen if the Leamside Line reopened I'm told. The article seems to suggest that this is going ahead, think it's creative PR though.

Mikey C

Established Member
A much needed improvement. It's quite bizarre to have diesel 180s sharing the same platforms as Metro trains

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I'm liking the look of the refurbishment. The article talks about creating a '4 track, 4 platform station'. Having spoken to the Council this is very much an asipiration rather than a concrete plan and would probably only happen if the Leamside Line reopened I'm told. The article seems to suggest that this is going ahead, think it's creative PR though.
I don’t think a Leamside reopening on its own, at least the way NR see it, directly affects Sunderland at all. It could only impact services at Sunderland with further new routes such as connecting Washington via South Hylton.

Status
Not open for further replies.