• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Super Off-Peak Day Return - Southern Pricebuster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halsebee

Hi, is the Super Off-Peak Day Return (PDR) fare from West Worthing to London valid to any London terminus?

Is it valid only on Southern trains or is it valid on Thameslink too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I can't find a ticket of code PBR from West Worthing to London Terminals (or if I search specifically for Victoria)

Can you find the fare on BRfares.com and link to it?

Edit: Ah you mean the Super Off Peak Day Return (PDR); I will amend your post accordingly to avoid confusion.

Also just to add that brand restrictions are occasionally implemented by GTR, even though there is no provision for brand restrictions in the Ticketing Settlement Agreement (TSA). In this case the brand they are purporting to restrict you from taking is their Gatwick Express brand. This is unlawful in the opinion of many forum members and the matter will go to court next year.

If you overpay as a result (either by purchasing a more expensive ticket, or if you are charged a penalty/excess/additional fare), you would be entitled to claim a refund of the difference if the court action is successful.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The fare only exists to London Victoria, so cannot be used to travel to alternative London termini.

It's routed "Not Gatwick Express", so there is no problem using it on Thameslink services (e.g. from Brighton to East Croydon).

You may encounter difficulties using it on Gatwick Express branded services from Brighton to Victoria, although legally speaking, any Penalty Fare or excess fare issued is highly dubious (there is an ongoing class action lawsuit regarding this).

Status
Not open for further replies.