• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Super Off-peak single in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirkleesgent

I’m looking to use some Rail Travel vouchers which are due to expire in the next few days. Is it possible to purchase a Super Off-peak single for travel in September using these vouchers. I’m also assuming that I would need to do this at a ticket office. The journey would be from Huddersfield to Gatwick.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
In theory, yes, but it depends on whether you can find a ticket office whose booking system will let the staff select a date that far into the future, and whose staff are willing to sell you such a ticket given that timetable changes for engineering works etc. won't be published that far in advance.

tspaul26

Established Member
In theory, yes, but it depends on whether you can find a ticket office whose booking system will let the staff select a date that far into the future, and whose staff are willing to sell you such a ticket given that timetable changes for engineering works etc. won't be published that far in advance.
Indeed.

An alternative strategy would be to purchase the single at a ticket office as far ahead as you can. The date can then be changed later on once September ‘goes live’ (subject to an administration fee of up to £10).

Haywain

Veteran Member
I can't see that there should be a problem doing that. Walk-up tickets can be purchased up to 12 months in Advance, so while it would be very unusual it certainly shouldn't be something that the TIS would prevent being done.

Wallsendmag

Established Member
I can't see that there should be a problem doing that. Walk-up tickets can be purchased up to 12 months in Advance, so while it would be very unusual it certainly shouldn't be something that the TIS would prevent being done.
Unless they try planning the journey on a route with mandatory reservations.

Kirkleesgent

Many thanks for the replies, I’ve obtained tickets for the date I required. I’ll reserve seats in a couple of weeks time. Once again, many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.