• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SVR add-on fare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railjet

Please could someone confirm whether or not the Severn Valley Railway add-on fare (to LM and Chiltern fares) as shown on the NR website is still valid.

I only ask because on the website it is shown as valid from 7/9/2004, and it seems cheap (£9.50) relative to the SVR fare (£14).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

glynn80

Established Member
Please could someone confirm whether or not the Severn Valley Railway add-on fare (to LM and Chiltern fares) as shown on the NR website is still valid.

I only ask because on the website it is shown as valid from 7/9/2004, and it seems cheap (£9.50) relative to the SVR fare (£14).

Yes this is still available and the FRPP states the following about the Severn Valley Railway add-on fare-

Severn Valley Railway

Heritage Railway – combined through ticket

Interchange station: Kidderminster

Dates of operation are limited. Passengers should be advised to check that services are operating on the day concerned. Severn Valley Railway for confirmation of opening times please ring 01299 403816

Fares

Some through fares may be shown in your TIS or the Fares Finder. Other through fares may be issued by adding the add-on amounts to fares to Kidderminster.

Add-on amounts

To Bridgnorth:

£9.50-Single/Return

£4.75-Child Single/Return

Discounts

Discount fares for holders of 16-25 Railcards, Senior, Disabled and Family & Friends Railcards apply to the non-Severn Valley Railway portion of the fare only.

Discount fares for holders of Privilege Ticket Identity and Staff Travel Cards are available on the Severn Valley Railway fare and should be purchased at the attraction. These are priced at the same level as the child fare above.

Ticketing

Destination name & NLC: Bridgnorth SVR L830

Established Member
Getting anywhere to issue this is nigh on impossible, or at least I never found anywhere able to do it whilst I was using local Central shacks en-route for D1013 a few years back. Bourneville, Uni, Selly, Five Ways all failed miserably and New St claimed "Its a Central ticket, we can't issue it" at which point I gave up and just re-booked at Kidderminster.

Certainly worth either trying to book the day before or giving Bert a long time to try and do it.

Railjet

Getting anywhere to issue this is nigh on impossible, or at least I never found anywhere able to do it whilst I was using local Central shacks en-route for D1013 a few years back. Bourneville, Uni, Selly, Five Ways all failed miserably and New St claimed "Its a Central ticket, we can't issue it" at which point I gave up and just re-booked at Kidderminster.

That's a blow. I wanted to get it from KNN.

Ascot

Established Member
Yep it's valid and easy from anywhere (apart from Kidderminster mainline). I've even seen one from Banbury before! See loads of these on a weekly basis so they are dead easy to get.

Note: Not valid on special events.

Last edited:

Railjet

Certainly worth either trying to book the day before or giving Bert a long time to try and do it.

I've noticed that in the NFM 03 version of Avantix, "Bridgnorth SVR" is now included as a destination - it wasn't previously - so this problem should now have been overcome.

The fares are correctly loaded as origin - Kidderminster + £9.50 :)

Ascot

Established Member
I've noticed that in the NFM 03 version of Avantix, "Bridgnorth SVR" is now included as a destination - it wasn't previously - so this problem should now have been overcome.

The fares are correctly loaded as origin - Kidderminster + £9.50 :)

Has always been a destination. Buggered if it wasn't as lot's of people have bought these "Bridgnorth SVR" tickets over the years.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Definately easy to issue, had them issued from a Sportis machine once a few years ago!

I'd forgotten about the offer myself, I might have to use it again actually for a Western bash. I do recall that you should specify the destination as Bridgnorth and not the SVR, which is why you may have had problems at the various offices 87015. All I know is the guard I had with his Sportis at the time knew exactly how to do it without any difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.