• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SVR Off Peak Return DBY-RUG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit37423

Hi there,

I bought an Off Peak SVR Return from Derby to Rugby priced £14.40, and used the outward portion to get to Rugby for work. If I was able to travel to Birmingham by car with one of my colleagues, would I be able to start my journey short at Birmingham using the return portion of that ticket, and if so would there be any time restrictions other than the 0930 2V restriction?

Many thanks in advance :)

Spirit37423

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum :)

The return portion of an Off Peak Return (SVR) always allows break of journey (including starting/finishing "short").

The only potentially contentious issue regarding the time restriction is whether or not you may take any train departing Birmingham after 0930, or whether you are restricted to trains which would be possible if you had departed Rugby after 0930.

As the restriction states "By any train except those scheduled to depart before 0930" then I believe the 0930 Birmingham-Newcastle service is permitted, if you start short at Birmingham New Street.

Spirit37423

Thanks for the welcome and your help Yorkie! :D

If I was to start short and catch the 0930 from Birmingham New Street, what would I say to the guard if questioned about not leaving Rugby at an off-peak time? From previous experience some of the Train Managers on this line are overly keen on revenue but not that clued up on ticket restrictions.

Thanks
Spirit37423

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
You didn't leave Rugby. You started short at New Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.