• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Swindon to Birmingham International help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkhtele

Travelling out 11/9 must arrive by 11.30am back 12/9 dept after 2.30pm (before 5pm)
Could go for advanced going, back need to be flexible coming back.
No railcards, Happy to go any reasonable route from Swindon.

Best I can find is £39.40 off-peak return, but not sure that I can travel on it until 9.30am from Swindon which will be too late. I can’t find an advance arriving before 11.55am e.g. Best I can find Swindon 9.15 via Parkway arrive at 11.55am cost £17.50

1. I am sure I read a leaflet that travelling west from Swindon that you can travel on trains after 8.20, but I suspect that the conditions with this ticket overrule that: Condition 2V . (I can get an off peak and travel on 8.27 to Bristol Temple meads , wait until 9.30 and then get cross country to Birmingham. Can someone confirm if this would be allowed?
Tried splits etc, so it looks like I need to take the £75 Anytime return (not London)

2. If I do use this ticket can I go to Reading and then pick up cross country to Birmingham International?

3. I believe there is an easement that your can double back between Didcot and Reading (except for not reading tickets) Is this still in force?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
I am sure I read a leaflet that travelling west from Swindon that you can travel on trains after 8.20, but I suspect that the conditions with this ticket overrule that: Condition 2V . (I can get an off peak and travel on 8.27 to Bristol Temple meads , wait until 9.30 and then get cross country to Birmingham. Can someone confirm if this would be allowed?
No. If using a ticket with Restriction 2V, on weekdays you may travel by any train except those scheduled to depart before 09:30.

You have a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.