• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Swindon to Cowden - Sun 12/01/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightning76

Hi,

At short notice, I would like to travel from Swindon (SWI) to Cowden (CWN) and also Buxted (BXD), and return, on Sunday (12/01/14). Normally when travelling to London or the South East I split tickets at Didcot Parkway (DID); as a Network Railcard holder this usually yields substantial savings.

However on the above date the only train suitable is the 1002 SWI - Paddington, as the first bus from where I live arrives at SWI at 0953, and I need to make the 1208 from Victoria to CWN. Unfortunately this is one of very few Sunday trains that does not call at DID.

I will not ask forum members to publicly advise anything resembling a loophole, however I will throw out the observation that the SWI to Reading (RDG) day return at £23.80 is somewhat expensive; that I would normally pay about £10 on top of a day return from DID to wherever (in this case £25.10 DID - BXD); and that I am happy to receive PMs.

Of course public discussion is also very welcome!

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James Wake

You are aware that the 1208 from VIC is an East Grinstead service, so you will need to change at Oxted for the 1250 Uckfield train. Shame you can't wait for the 1029, as that stops at Didcot, but gets into Paddington ten minutes before the East Grinstead train with Uckfield connection departs Victoria. Have you tried checking out advanced tickets from FGW? I've just checked and there is a £10 advance currently for 1002, single Swindon to Reading, and there are some £10 and £11 singles coming back in the evening too. Might be worth checking out, could save you £3-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.