SWR >120 mins Delay Repay with annual season ticket

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by telespy, 5 Nov 2019.

1. telespy

telespy New Member

I was delayed for more than two hours and the automatic delay repay email gave me the equivalent of a single journey on my SWR annual season ticket, which is the same amount as for one hour's delay. Does anyone know if this is correct, as if you had a day return, you would get the entire return ticket price back? It seems unfair to treat season ticket holder differently.

Below is an extract from SWR passenger charter, which also says that "If you are travelling with a season ticket, your Delay Repay compensation will be based on (and will never be greater than) the total cost of two single journeys" . So why mention two single journeys if the most you can get is one single journey cost's back?

upload_2019-11-5_7-56-16.png

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. wibble

wibble Member

You might be delayed on your outward and return journeys so can claim against both. A Return ticket holder could claim back the entire cost of their ticket, whereas a season ticket holder couldn't claim for the entire cost of their ticket.

4. SWT_USER

SWT_USER Member

I believe you can only claim for 2 journeys in one day (on a season ticket). I tried to claim 4 times in a day a year or so ago (4 single journeys) and the last 2 were rejected on that basis.

5. flitwickbeds

flitwickbeds Member

@SWT_USER is correct. You can only ever claim back the equivalent daily cost of a season ticket. Therefore if you received a 1 hour delay compensation for your morning journey (50% of daily cost/100% of single journey cost) but were then delayed by 2 hours in the evening, you could only claim another hour for that second journey.