• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR disruption tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnasher11

SWR are reporting that Journey Planners are showing incorrect information for travel tomorrow and have linked to a set of timetables instead. I was going to travel via SWR to Exeter St David's tomorrow, but the service is starting from Basingstoke, due to lines through Woking being shut. My local station is Motspur Park, but whatever route I try I am unable to come up with a way of getting to Basingstoke to catch the 10:16 (every way seems to include bus replacement of some sort)
I visited the ticket office this morning, and he said their planners were wrong too, best he could offer was a route which would get me there for 11:00. I was hoping to use a Gold card free ticket, but looks like I will be stuck with a GWR walk on fare via Paddington. Anyone any ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gazthomas

Established Member
How about 8.05 to Wimbledon, then onto 8.24 to Reading for the 9.57 to Exeter St. Davids for arrival at 12.48. All SWR. Try via Ascot in your journey planner

Kite159

Veteran Member
SWR are reporting that Journey Planners are showing incorrect information for travel tomorrow and have linked to a set of timetables instead. I was going to travel via SWR to Exeter St David's tomorrow, but the service is starting from Basingstoke, due to lines through Woking being shut. My local station is Motspur Park, but whatever route I try I am unable to come up with a way of getting to Basingstoke to catch the 10:16 (every way seems to include bus replacement of some sort)
I visited the ticket office this morning, and he said their planners were wrong too, best he could offer was a route which would get me there for 11:00. I was hoping to use a Gold card free ticket, but looks like I will be stuck with a GWR walk on fare via Paddington. Anyone any ideas?

If you are using a SWR freebie ticket then you could do something like:
8:05 Motspur Park to Wimbledon
8:24 Wimbledon to Reading
9:57 Reading to Exeter St Davids (SWR)

Status
Not open for further replies.