• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Driver Interview

AlR28

Hello Everyone

I've got my interview coming up soon and wanted to know what sort of questions will be asked? I feel I've got most bases covered but just want to check for any curve balls
what interests you about the role?
what do you know about the company?
what skills do you think you need to be a train driver?
Give a time when you’ve had to follow rules?
What does good customer service mean to you?

thanks for any help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Samzino

Established Member
Hello Everyone

I've got my interview coming up soon and wanted to know what sort of questions will be asked? I feel I've got most bases covered but just want to check for any curve balls
what interests you about the role?
what skills do you think you need to be a train driver?
Give a time when you’ve had to follow rules?
What does good customer service mean to you?

thanks for any help
What depot? I'd take a look at the driver and traction card on the fourm just for added information. I know my.last TOC Dmi asked me about the number of stations and each class number of the train units they operate(I.e 450,444,458,455,158/9 & 701)

Last edited:

ComUtoR

Established Member
I know my.last TOC Dmi

Were you successful ? If so congrats.

I often wonder about this question; especially as its mostly answered by ...

asked me about the number of stations and each class number of the train units they operate(I.e 450,444,458,455,158/9 & 701)

This. I don't think the interviewers generally know themselves or switch off after hearing each candidate regurgitate raw information. Personally, I'd add more qualitative information about the company.

Samzino

Established Member
Were you successful ? If so congrats.

I often wonder about this question; especially as its mostly answered by ...

This. I don't think the interviewers generally know themselves or switch off after hearing each candidate regurgitate raw information. Personally, I'd add more qualitative information about the company.
Indeed. I made the DMI but not the final location sift as the depot I required wasn't actually avaliable after all.

Ah nice must have been for an older campaign?

Last edited: