• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Guard assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdc83

Hi All,

Have just been offered an assessment day for the position of Guard working out of staines. Can anybody give some insight in what to expect and also any information on the shift pattern at this particular depot.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lasbrisas

Hi All,

Have just been offered an assessment day for the position of Guard working out of staines. Can anybody give some insight in what to expect and also any information on the shift pattern at this particular depot.

Thanks in advance.
Did you get sent a pack in the post giving you examples of the tests, I passed it and was offered the job after a subsequent interview but then declined as I had been offered a signallers job. Basically there will be tests such as Situational Judgement, Maths, another a bit like group bourdon except with shapes where you have a time limit to cross off as many as possible, it's an accuracy test so concentrate. There will be another where they play a recording of an incident and you have to make relevant notes and read them back, making sure you captured the relevant info. Make sure you concentrate throughout, out of our group of 15 only 3 passed. You will likely feel drained after the day assuming you make it as there is a break after each test where you are sent back to the rest room. If they call you out before the next one starts then you have failed and are sent home. Harsh I know but that's how they do it, it's a kind of "Last man standing"

Status
Not open for further replies.