• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Guard Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingingOnion

Evening,

Interested in applying for SWR’s Guard positions whilst there aren’t any Trainee Driver positions going. Just wondering how long it takes to qualify as a Guard(to get the pay rise)? Mortgage to pay and all that. Joys!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bourlea

Hello

From what I can remember, I started training school (with SWT) at the beginning of June and finished my route learning towards the end of August, and went live (fully qualified) on 1st September.

Hope this helps and good luck

SingingOnion

Hello

From what I can remember, I started training school (with SWT) at the beginning of June and finished my route learning towards the end of August, and went live (fully qualified) on 1st September.

Hope this helps and good luck

Thanks Bourlea, how did you find the recruitment process? Are you still in the job? How is/was it? What you expected?

Bourlea

Recruitment process was good, I originally applied for Wimbledon, didn't pass all the assessments but retook after the 6 month wait and was offered Waterloo.
Training was good @ Basingstoke and then route learning from Waterloo.
I enjoyed doing the job and it was what I expected it to be. I had planned out to move onto a commercial guard role and then at some stage a driver and would be still be doing it but I got an offer of another job that was closer to home (as Waterloo doesn't have any parking).
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.