• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Metro Guard Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCOEvs

Hi,
Going for an interview for a Metro Guard based at Woking. I'm interested to know if as most SWR jobs the interview is based around STAR style questions? Surprisingly its booked for an hour and a half, which is longer than most. Any suggestions on things which would be worth reading up on, maybe routes, headcodes, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

magicmcone

Hi there,
Take into consideration that I did the interview about 3 years ago, so my memory could fail me, but I recall it to be mostly behavioural, and yes, quite STAR style questions. Worth to prepare some examples where you can talk about your customer service skills, ability to work according to strict guidelines, decision making skills, conflict management and things like that.
Obviously, it’s also positive to have an idea of the company, routes that cover and that stuff, but in my case, they barely asked me about those (thank god, because I didn’t know much) but more about things intended to assess if you have the right skills and behaviour for the role.
Hope that helps.
Best of luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.