• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Rail Operator 2 / S

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlushyB

I have applied to the RO2 and RO2S roles advertised on the First Group website but am unsure as to what the differences are in the roles. From the website descriptions the roles are identical but from searching around on this forum it seems that the RO2S role is a supervisor role. So my question is what is the difference between the roles? Is anyone able to give me an insight into the roles?

Thanks for anyone who’s able to help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
I have applied to the RO2 and RO2S roles advertised on the First Group website but am unsure as to what the differences are in the roles. From the website descriptions the roles are identical but from searching around on this forum it seems that the RO2S role is a supervisor role. So my question is what is the difference between the roles? Is anyone able to give me an insight into the roles?

Thanks for anyone who’s able to help.
Yes, the S is supervisor grade. A bit more money and in charge of the station when there’s no manager there and general supervisor duties. Depends on location as to what supervisory duties you’ll have, but you’ll usually have a few RO2s under you.

SlushyB

Yes, the S is supervisor grade. A bit more money and in charge of the station when there’s no manager there and general supervisor duties. Depends on location as to what supervisory duties you’ll have, but you’ll usually have a few RO2s under you.

Thanks for your reply, that actually sounds really interesting. Hopefully I hear something back for either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.