• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR RO2 Assessment Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

Got an assessment centre for SWR at the end of the week for an RO2 vacancy. Can anyone please tell me what this will consist of? I had an assessment centre last year for a Gateline vacancy with SWR but failed the ticket checking test. Will it be an English and ticket checking test again?

Thank you all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bucephalus

I'm sorry, I don't know about the RO role. I did an assessment with swr for shunter (non-driving) and I would say it was a more chilled out version of the typical OPC assessment for a driving role. There was a test involving listening to codes on a tape and selecting them from multiple choice, one involving reading a passage and answering questions afterwards, one with switches.

If you don't see this reply because you already in bed, then you'll be alright!

Oh and Good Luck!
Anyone...

This is tomorrow.

Have my interview Friday. Have been told it's competency based and told to research SWR.

Any idea of the questions I'm likely to be asked so I can prepare? Really don't want to mess up after getting this far.

Thank you.

Lewis H

Have my interview Friday. Have been told it's competency based and told to research SWR.

Any idea of the questions I'm likely to be asked so I can prepare? Really don't want to mess up after getting this far.

Thank you.
You won’t be asked specific questions about the company, you’ll be asked what do you know about the company, it’s up to you what you decide to tell them. Think about how the company is made up, how long they have the franchise for, what they aim to achieve, how they are doing so far, what the company delivers and where, I also added in about the Managing Director, who he is and a bit about his background. They won’t want you to go on forever, but have a good knowledge, the rest will be mostly ‘describe a time you did this or did that’.

Best of Luck!

Had my interview this morning, I think it went really well. They were writing plenty down and smiling anyway! Really hope I've done enough, really want this job.

JaMa9

Had my interview this morning, I think it went really well. They were writing plenty down and smiling anyway! Really hope I've done enough, really want this job.

Hope it's good news for you! Do you mind me asking how long after your assessment they invited you for interview?

Hope it's good news for you! Do you mind me asking how long after your assessment they invited you for interview?

Thank you mate. Just over a week after my assessment I had a phone call inviting me. Are you going for an RO2 position too?

JaMa9

Thank you mate. Just over a week after my assessment I had a phone call inviting me. Are you going for an RO2 position too?

That's fast, I've seen a few say they waited several weeks to be contacted for interview so seems you were lucky to get it sorted quickly. I had my assessment this week for Guard position so just waiting for interview now.

That's fast, I've seen a few say they waited several weeks to be contacted for interview so seems you were lucky to get it sorted quickly. I had my assessment this week for Guard position so just waiting for interview now.

They also told me I should know if I passed early next week too. Seems they may have sped the process up? Where have you applied for?

JaMa9

They also told me I should know if I passed early next week too. Seems they may have sped the process up? Where have you applied for?

Maybe it's different depending on where you apply in regards to speed, who knows.

Wimbledon, how about you?

winks

Hilsea? Maybe to pop over to litter pick and change the posters...

Hilsea? Maybe to pop over to litter pick and change the posters...

Yup pretty sure that's what they said. I've seen employees standing at the entrances checking tickets before too. Could this include that as well?

Stigy

Established Member
Yup pretty sure that's what they said. I've seen employees standing at the entrances checking tickets before too. Could this include that as well?
It’ll be to clear the platforms of litter and put up posters (engineering work/timetables etc.) at I’d imagine, with the emphasis on the posters as the ticket office staff may be responsible for the general upkeep of the station. Ticket checking won’t be in your remit (nothing to stop you checking tickets if you have reason to, but it’ll be a rarity and would usually be a ‘way in’ to get rid of people who are too drunk to travel etc).

How long does it normally take to hear back? They said they'd be making a decision early this week.

winks

It varies but it can be up to 10 days with SWR. I heard back within 3 days

If there's one thing I seemed to have learnt about SWR, it's the longer they keep you waiting, the higher the chance the news is positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.