• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR train late everyday? Do I have a leg to stand on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wethebest838

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post but was curious. I wanted to know something myself. There is a train that runs via Putney to Waterloo and it’s late everyday. I literally mean everyday, it’s never on time. It’s literally late 10 mins, same train. Their policy for SWR suggests 15 mins or more I believe then you can get a refund. But this is constant everyday late. Do I have a leg to stand on in complaining to SWR or do you think it’s not even worth the time?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

py_megapixel

Established Member
You could write them an email and see if they give you something as a gesture of goodwill, though I don't think it's likely.

But it terms of claiming compensation officially, until it hits 15 mins, you have no chance.

Mike99

Are you able to identify which service that this might be, other members may then be able to offer some reasons why this is happening.

Wethebest838

You could write them an email and see if they give you something as a gesture of goodwill, though I don't think it's likely.

But it terms of claiming compensation officially, until it hits 15 mins, you have no chance.
Yeah what I’m thinking, it’s just ridiculous.

One habit they have is they change platform last second (like 10 seconds before it arrives) so you have run over to the other side of the station. Which I think it’s so unfair on everyone

Deafdoggie

Established Member
I had this problem with a different operator once. I emailed a nice email about it, pointing out it was regularly late. They replied, apologised, and it wasn't late again! Although it was retimed in the next timetable change to run at "late" time!

Wethebest838

I had this problem with a different operator once. I emailed a nice email about it, pointing out it was regularly late. They replied, apologised, and it wasn't late again! Although it was retimed in the next timetable change to run at "late" time!
ooo really?

maybe it’s just waiting for someone to tell them? hahaha.

think it’s worth just telling them?

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
The Train Company will know this train is regularly late, they have a performance team. If it is late “every day” you can expect they’ll retime the train in the next timetable change.

Which train is it?

kristiang85

Established Member
Hah yes, a couple of years back one of my regular SWR trains was 15-20 minutes late 2-3 times a week. It was quite annoying, but it was a nice little DR earner at least.

Then at one of the timetable changes the arrival time was set to a few minutes later and magically the train was never officially late again, albeit still irritatingly unreliable.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
The Train Company will know this train is regularly late, they have a performance team. If it is late “every day” you can expect they’ll retime the train in the next timetable change.

Which train is it?
It would be useful to know, meaning it could easily be looked up on realtimetrains (or other sites that go back longer) and it should be relatively easy to work out where the issue is…

Haywain

Veteran Member
One habit they have is they change platform last second
The platform change may only be determined on departure from Barnes, so there may be little time for notification to get through to Putney.

Status
Not open for further replies.