• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT 455 In Eastleigh Works (Arlington)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bigfoot

Retractioning is occuring at Eastleigh TRSMD. Vossloh Kiepe have very much set up home there.

fgwrich

Established Member
Not so - EH lost contract to ZG
Brian

Ah, that explains this then. I knew they had been repainted in Bournemouth, but thought the RE-tractioning was due to take place over the road at EH than ZG. Doing it in ZG is probably a better move as there's still a fair amount of EMU testing equipment in situ since the Alstom days.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Not so - EH lost contract to ZG
Brian

Does that translate into Vossloh Kiepe hiring a different place to do the work, i.e. Arlington just provide a shed?

It reminds me that a few weeks ago, (can't be more precise), a 455 passed through Eastleigh into the works, and according to RTT on the day it was supposedly heading for the depot.

Checking RTT for this week, there are still 'Q' paths showing for Wimbledon to Depot - wouldn't this get changed?

Brian Aylott

Does that translate into Vossloh Kiepe hiring a different place to do the work, i.e. Arlington just provide a shed?

It reminds me that a few weeks ago, (can't be more precise), a 455 passed through Eastleigh into the works, and according to RTT on the day it was supposedly heading for the depot.

Checking RTT for this week, there are still 'Q' paths showing for Wimbledon to Depot - wouldn't this get changed?

Still Vossloh
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.