• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT assessment day - Rail operator

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakoczigabi

Hello,

I just received an invitation for an assessment day in Southampton, 20.11.
I have applied 2 x Rail operator positions ( part time, Basingstoke )
First is 6am- 10am and the second one is 4pm - 8pm.

I never attended an assessment day before, what should I expect?
Previously I had phone interviews and normal interviews, but no assessment days.
Thats why I have no idea what to expect.

I've got a sample test material, so I will definitely practise that. Will be enough ?

My other question is that I have applied 2 part time position, what is the chance that I will get both?
( I will be happy with one of them as well )

Thanks for the help :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Hello,

I just received an invitation for an assessment day in Southampton, 20.11.
I have applied 2 x Rail operator positions ( part time, Basingstoke )
First is 6am- 10am and the second one is 4pm - 8pm.

I never attended an assessment day before, what should I expect?
Previously I had phone interviews and normal interviews, but no assessment days.
Thats why I have no idea what to expect.

I've got a sample test material, so I will definitely practise that. Will be enough ?

My other question is that I have applied 2 part time position, what is the chance that I will get both?
( I will be happy with one of them as well )

Thanks for the help :)
Hi, you won't be offered both. They may ask you which one you'd prefer though.

You'll have received information on what to expect with the practice material, or should have done at least!

I've not done a Platform Staff assessment but I'd imagine it's much the same as most other assessments in that it'll be a basic aptitude test which tests your numerical reasoning and verbal reasoning. There are a lot of questions, of which you won't be expected to complete all answers. The idea is that you work quickly and accurately. In other words if you answer 99 of 100 questions but 30 are incorrect, you'll likely fail the test. If however you answer 60 of 100 questions and 58 are correct, you'll more than likely pass as this is a better ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.