• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT class 158 PIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
Hi

I thought all SWT 158/159 units had the newer external PIS but I saw a 158 today with the original one which is harder to read. I presume they all have internal PIS.

Another brief question, and I appreciate this isn't rolling stock related:

At Dean and I think Dunbridge there are Network South East Hampshire rail/cycle partnership signs... any other stations with these big green signs in Hampshire?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi

I thought all SWT 158/159 units had the newer external PIS but I saw a 158 today with the original one which is harder to read. I presume they all have internal PIS.

Another brief question, and I appreciate this isn't rolling stock related:

At Dean and I think Dunbridge there are Network South East Hampshire rail/cycle partnership signs... any other stations with these big green signs in Hampshire?

Dean has a beauty of a NSE sign!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Ashurst (NF) still has some sort of HCC/NSE sign on the down side, would have to check if it's exactly the same as what you're describing at Dean etc...

They have internal PIS. Saw a matrix in the stores the other day. Probably fit on fail job.

starrymarkb

Established Member
The 159s gained a new LED display replacing the old BR FlipDot displays in about 2002/3ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.