• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT Journey Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
OK, some perhaps daft questions here, but since a review of my opinions on SWT and GNER, I have some queries on SWT:

Is there a trolley on Bristol to Waterloo services?

If so, does it join at Bristol or further on?

Does it do coffee, and NICE coffee at that? Is it expensive?

Is it more likely I'll get a 158 or 159 on the 1552 off BTM on the 27th? Might I get the other coming back on the 1220 on the 28th?

Sorry these might sound stupid, but I'm curious.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

It's a Railgourmet service, and yes buffets are on all long distance services. 158s and 159s are pretty much the same, 158s are more likely on Bristol services, but they may couple up with another train from Exeter, etc at Salisbury.

On the way back, you'll probably get a 159 + 158 combo, with the 158 portion to BTM.

Coxster

Established Member
Bristol services are normally Class 158 operated. If they are going/coming from beyond Salisbury they join onto 1 or 2 Class 159s at Salisbury.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
That's all I need to know then about it all. Thanks for the information, I'll get a 69p coffee from the Wetherspoon outlet near BTM before departure instead. That's nice stuff too!

andel

Coxster said:
and overpriced (isn't it always) :p

I once asked how much a bottle of coke was... and when told, I asked if they would take my first born or blood instead....

Status
Not open for further replies.