• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT - No Journeycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooster

What the hell happened to www.journeycheck.com/southwesttrains?

I check(ed) this every day on the way to work as it offers at-a-glance info on individual late departures, line problems, engineering work... National Rail was/is nowhere near specific enough for my commute to work - I could tell when leaving the house whether my connections were running correctly, short-formed etc... now what?! :cry:

EDIT - I'm not subscribing to the Twitter just for the SWT feed... which again isn't specific enough!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I agree, it's disappeared, being down here I never had to use it much & when I did I always thought it was a bit dated, especially when you compare it to the FGW one has improved in leaps & bounds.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
that's quite some level of infomation on the FGW page. National Rail does not give infomation about formations or catering, and their RSS feeds only ever report major disruption, not minor delays.

mooster

SWT Journeycheck used to show late running, line problems and short formations - the latter being very handy as if I knew the 0716 from Farnborough was running short, I'd make sure I got the 0700... or similarly, if the 0700 was short formed, I'd get the 0716!

Maybe I've been spoilt with the level of info SWT Journeycheck used to give :(

I agree with you in that respect, FGW's does more than just short forms.

But SWT's version just seemed a little bland, mind you if you go to www.journeycheck.com and see the others there, they use the same style as SWT did.

FGW have raised their game considerably with their info, the others need to catch up.

mooster

Pleased to note that SWT Journeycheck has been back for a good couple of months now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.