• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT Rugby delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadzz

Hey guys,

Almost every other saturday when there is a big Rugby match in Twickenham, the trains in Reading line are very delayed, so this Saturday I waited for the faster service which eventually "disappeared" from their system and it got replaced by a slower service which had delays. My total delay time was 35 min.
I tried to claim using the Customer Services on their website, but it is rubbish, I never get any response. So my questions are:
1. Is there any difference between web claim and paper form claim?
2. Should I make separate claims for me and my wife?
3. Do they provide any compensation if I paid via Oyster?

Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cjmillsnun

Established Member
SWT's passenger charter states the following

A delay to your journey
If you are delayed for one hour or more (half an hour for Island line Trains) due to a failure of the rail industry (See the list of incidents beyond the control of the rail industry for exclusions), you will be given the full amount of the cost of that part of the journey.
We will compensate the full cost of a single ticket or half the cost of a return ticket. If you are a 7 Day Season Ticket holder, you will be given the proportionate cost of the price of the ticket.
We will not compensate tickets for journeys if we told you about the delay or cancellation before you bought your ticket and compensation applies to all journeys on South West Trains only. If we have had to introduce an emergency timetable, these compensation arrangements will be based upon the emergency timetable.
Compensation will be paid in the form of National Rail vouchers, which can be used in payment (or in part payment) for any National Rail ticket, including Season Tickets.

SWT aren't in the delay repay scheme so may not compensate you at all for a 35 minute delay...

Status
Not open for further replies.