• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT Waterloo - Wimbledon 29-12 Morning timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazr

Until last week, there was a morning timetable of trains running between Waterloo and Wimbledon using the East Putney connection. Has this been scraped due to the strike/route knowledge? I find it hard to believe there are no trains at all until 11am from Wimbledon to Waterlooo, and what's more, no replacement buses.

National Rail suggests there is a shuttle between Surbiton and Hampton Court in the morning of the 29th as well, and these are not in the system either. Have SWT thrown in the towel for tomorrow morning, what with the landslip at Epsom to compound issues?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike99

Maybe SWR hope passengers will migrate onto the District Line at Wimbledon so not there (SWR) problem, but if what you say is the case what about anyone turning up at Earlsfield trying to get to work etc!!

gazr

Is it so hard for them to email those that have booked effected journeys when booking through their own website? Seems pretty poor to me to have your journey delayed by 2.5 hours by engineering work and not even be told about it. What's the point of selling tickets that "are only valid on the specified train" if the specified train doesn't run?

To be fair, engineering works are planned WAY in advance and certainly before SWT guards went on strike for an unprecedented 27 days straight. The next few weekends are the quietest in terms of traffic in the whole year, and so major works are usually done now. Like I said in the OP, there was a timetable in place up until a week or so ago, but I'm guessing there is just not enough replacement staff to cover and/or the risk of having trains using highly unusual paths (in terms of using different platforms to normal) was just too great. Poor show to just cancel the entire morning and not give anyone notice though.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I see replacement buses are listed at Earlsfield so perhaps they added them this morning or overnight.

Perhaps it was one or more of these options:
It took them untill yesterday to source the buses
Maybe they didn't have any staff spare to be able to add in the buses until overnight (Saturday to Sunday)
Maybe they didn't wish to promote a service in the timetable until today.

Mike99

Until last week, there was a morning timetable of trains running between Waterloo and Wimbledon using the East Putney connection. Has this been scraped due to the strike/route knowledge? I find it hard to believe there are no trains at all until 11am from Wimbledon to Waterlooo, and what's more, no replacement buses.

National Rail suggests there is a shuttle between Surbiton and Hampton Court in the morning of the 29th as well, and these are not in the system either. Have SWT thrown in the towel for tomorrow morning, what with the landslip at Epsom to compound issues?

Well you were right gazr nothing went towards London from Wimbledon until 2F26 at 11:10 so anyone turning up at Wimbledon to say Clapham Junction or Earlsfield to anywhere would have struggled this morning, and the District Line of no use for those examples

Status
Not open for further replies.