• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT: West Byfleet to Zone 1 London Annual Travel Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pole84

Wondered if there was anything I could do to drive down the cost of this annual ticket, which is almost 3.5k! Removing the Zone 1-6 travel card takes it down to 2.75k which is still quite a bit!

I need to get from West Byfleet to St Pauls in London (leave around 6am) and back in the evening around 7pm.

Wondered if you had any thoughts on how I could trim the cost of this fare with your expertise?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
The first point I can think of (if you are not already aware) is that the London Terminals ticket already allows travel to Blackfriars or City Thameslink via Waterloo East and London Bridge at no extra charge. Is the resulting walk acceptable?

I believe that is still theoretically possible during the present engineering works at London Bridge by using a temporary availability on LU, but someone should be able to confirm.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I believe that is still theoretically possible during the present engineering works at London Bridge by using a temporary availability on LU, but someone should be able to confirm.

I think I'd be tempted to walk between Waterloo and Blackfriars. Another alternative is to change at Wimbledon onto a Thameslink service from there.

paul1609

Established Member
I think that if you walk between Waterloo and Blackfriars you might as well walk to St Pauls, it's about 25 mins. Personally I'd get a London Terminals ticket and walk from Waterloo using contactless on the bus when I'm knackered or its ****ing down but it really depends on your other use in z1-6 outside of commuting

Dent

I think I'd be tempted to walk between Waterloo and Blackfriars. Another alternative is to change at Wimbledon onto a Thameslink service from there.

Beware that Thameslink services from Wimbledon are only two trains per hour. Getting a Thameslink service from Wimbledon to City Thameslink would be the most direct (and cheapest), but only any use if the timings work for your journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.