• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT Yeovil Junction- Clapham Junction longer journey times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen Mill

I made this journey several times during 2011 and the overall journey time was 2 hours and 7 minutes.
The last time I did it was 31/08/11.

I'm planning a journey within the next few weeks and find that the trip time is now 2 hrs 38 minutes , a whopping 31 minutes increase.

There are no additional stops.

On analysing the stages , it looks like the Woking-CLJ leg is where the problem lies. This is now timed at 48 minutes for the 20.4 miles.

I've obviously missed some network info along the way . Does anybody know why this is happening ?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Sounds like you've picked a diversion day, which would mean travelling via Staines and not Surbiton.

I can't see why this would be a problem though with the route being four-tracked?

louis97

Established Member
I can't see why this would be a problem though with the route being four-tracked?

Although it is, there are still weekends where all 4 lines are closed for Engineering Works. Looks like 'Pen Mill' is looking around Easter, the sunday before, the 4 day bank holiday weekend and the sunday after all have closures of all 4 lines in the Surbiton area, also some lines between Waterloo and Clapham and in the Wimbledon area are effected.

The Colonel

That'll be the scenic route then . . turn left at Byfleet Jct for Chertsey, V Water, Staines, Twickenham, North Sheen and many other shacks . . . :lol:
At least you're getting diesel haulage over the extra track!

tempests1

The T3 Possessions starts at 00.55 on Friday 06th to 04.00 Tuesday 10th April 2012
Down/Up Fast & Slow lines between Byfleet Junction & Berrylands
Down/Up Chertsey/Bay - Addlestone Junction to Weybridge
Down Hampton Court Surbiton to Hampton Court
Up Hampton Court Hampton Court to Hampton Court Junction
Down/Up Cobham - Effingham Junction to Hampton Court Junction

Status
Not open for further replies.