• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Table of 4 reading spotlight angles on Pendolinos

tornado

ok. very nerdy question. but when you have a table of 4 on a pendolino, you get 2 overhead reading spotlights for each pair of seats. are these angled differently so that one projects to the aisle seat, and the other to the window seat?

if so then which one is for the window seat?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

py_megapixel

Established Member
They are indeed angled differently. You can see if you turn them off and look through the glass that the lamps point in somewhat different directions.

I believe, though I am not entirely certain, that the one positioned nearest the back of the seat you're sitting on points downwards and illuminates the window side. The other one throws its light further and illuminates the aisle seat.

driverd

Currently sat on one so just checked - there's actually not a set way of doing them. The table I'm at has the one for the aisle seat closest to me on my side, but if I switched seats to face the oppose direction at the same table, it's the window seat light that's closest.

Quite a niche and specific question - dare i ask why? Haha

Established Member
Seems to be no consistency, a bit like googly eyes... someone on the depot probably wasn't bothered. Reminds me of a coach at a former employer, on the M6 you put the fog lights on, the left shines across the carriageway blinding oncoming drivers, the right was a danger to passing air and spacecraft.