• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

tassimio scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordylad

Good morning rail fans
As an almost train driver, I now understand that trains are powered by caffeine. And that diesel and electricity are overrated.
To assist with my craving, my wonderful gf has spent an awful lot of money on a tassimio coffee machine. Which states that it comes with a £20 voucher .
However the minimum order is £25 not including a further £5 delivery charge. I do scammed by this half offer!! :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
I presume the voucher is so you can order more packs of your favourite coffee, so why is that a scam? :?

It's a bonus offer, which means, when you spend £25 (plus p&p) on ordering more packs, you actually only spend £5 plus p&p. Quite a good offer IMO!

Bungle73

On Moderation
I've had a Tassimo machine for a couple of years and it's great!

I'm not sure how being given £20 worth of free coffee (other drinks are available) is a "scam"? :?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also if your order is over £35 delivery is free.

andrew bell

You might think it's a scam but I think its a good deal, your getting about 4-5 boxes of Tassimo discs for the price of 1 (I can't remember how much they sell for in shops) or as Bungle73 said above you need to spend £15 more for free delivery so it works out as double your Tassimo discs, give or take 1-2 boxes

swj99

I don't know what all the fuss is about.
You can just buy a jar of Nescafe Gold Blend in a supermarket, and it cost a lot less than £25.

Bungle73

On Moderation
I don't know what all the fuss is about.
You can just buy a jar of Nescafe Gold Blend in a supermarket, and it cost a lot less than £25.

That's instant. Tassimo is filter coffee.

I'm not sure where £25 comes into it? The coffee I buy is £3.79 for one packet with 16 servings, and I get it a little cheaper by buying in bulk from Amazon and it works out at about 20p per cup.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
You can also make all sort of other drinks too: lattes, cappuccinos, tea, hot chocolate, and speciality drinks like a chai latte which I'm fond of. You can make a mocha by combing the cappuccino disks with a hot chocolate one. Lovely. 8-)

Last edited:

Skimble19

Established Member
That will have been through the Costa offer I presume.. We were going to get one at work until they opened a costa just round the corner!

Bungle73

On Moderation
That will have been through the Costa offer I presume..

Which Costa offer? If you register your machine on the website they give you a £20 voucher. That scheme has been in place for a long time (at least since I bought mine a couple of years ago) and pre-dates the Costa packs.

We were going to get one at work until they opened a costa just round the corner!
Yeah, but the coffee for this is much cheaper!

I used to buy a coffee every lunchtime at work in the canteen. Then I decided to buy myself a Thermos flask and fill it with my own, from my Tassimo, in the morning. I'm saving myself a packet! :D

kylemore

Got one for Xmas!

It's Great - quality coffee shop experience at a fraction of the price:)

Bungle73

On Moderation
Got one for Xmas!

It's Great - quality coffee shop experience at a fraction of the price:)

Three tips for you:

If you're just making a standard coffee and require milk, heat the milk in the cup for about 30 seconds in a microwave first. It keeps the coffee hotter.

To make a mocha, use a chocolate t disk, followed by the 2 the cappuccino disks (espresso and creamer).

You can sometimes save a bit of money by buying in bulk from Amazon - they sell boxes of five packets at a time. They don't sell everything like this though; eg I like the Chai Lattes and they don't even sell them so I have to get them from Tassimo directly.

One more thing about buying from Amazon, make sure it is actually Amazon selling them, and not a third party seller. IME other sellers' prices are vastly inflated compare with either Amazon themselves, Tassimo, or even a supermarket. I have no idea why.

kylemore

Three tips for you:

If you're just making a standard coffee and require milk, heat the milk in the cup for about 30 seconds in a microwave first. It keeps the coffee hotter.

To make a mocha, use a chocolate t disk, followed by the 2 the cappuccino disks (espresso and creamer).

You can sometimes save a bit of money by buying in bulk from Amazon - they sell boxes of five packets at a time. They don't sell everything like this though; eg I like the Chai Lattes and they don't even sell them so I have to get them from Tassimo directly.

One more thing about buying from Amazon, make sure it is actually Amazon selling them, and not a third party seller. IME other sellers' prices are vastly inflated compare with either Amazon themselves, Tassimo, or even a supermarket. I have no idea why.
Thanks for the tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.