• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Taunton to Paddington Advance Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikcdab

Two of us are travelling Taunton to Paddington on 7 August. We need to be there before 12 noon.

I have been watching the advance fares and see that the 0905 train has been offered at £36 for two. Certainly it is for 31 July (ie the week before).

I excitedly logged on this morning to book my anticipated £36 only to see that for 7 August it is £87 for two as an advanced fare.

Perhaps I'm naive but I assumed all advanced fares would be the same.

I presume that some perceived customer demand means that the system has cranked this one up from £36 for both to £87.

Unless anyone has any other solution, I will book this and I would be interested to hear others comments on this variability in advanced fares prices.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
If you can go just a little bit earlier, there are advances on the 08:51 from Taunton to Bristol Parkway (arriving 09:38) for £6.70, and on the 10:03 from Bristol Parkway to Paddington, arriving 11:31, for £15. So that's £21.70 total for one person, or £43.40 for two.

But are you not coming back? You might be able to get a better price using a combination of return fares.

ikcdab

If you can go just a little bit earlier, there are advances on the 08:51 from Taunton to Bristol Parkway (arriving 09:38) for £6.70, and on the 10:03 from Bristol Parkway to Paddington, arriving 11:31, for £15. So that's £21.70 total for one person, or £43.40 for two.

But are you not coming back? You might be able to get a better price using a combination of return fares.

Thats really helpful thanks. We're not coming back until 31 August so I am intending to buy advance single for the return in due course.

Laira Depot

I looked at these from plymouth to Paddington around the same date and the price had shot up if i had of traveled the week before by about £80 for me the wife and two kids on a family rail card. This put me off and I'll now be driving as it works out cheaper. I can only imagine the price has gone up due to it being summer holidays for most kids from schools.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Probably too late now if you've already booked tickets, but...

I see 2xAdvance Singles available for £36 in total (£18 each) on a rather earlier train:

Monday 7th August:

07:36 Taunton to Bristol Temple M arrive 08:42
09:00 Bristol Temple M to London Paddington arrive 10:38.

Status
Not open for further replies.