• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TEA-OCC tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNM

Hello everyone,

Can somebody please answer me about Tea-Occ assessment?

Part 1 - Low & High. It always starts with a low tone. Count the low tones.

Part 2 - No tones, directory search only - XX OO ✰✰ ☐☐ Are these the symbols?

Part 3 - Directory search and low tones or just a beep tone only. Count tones and search directory.

In part 3, will the directory page change every time the tones page changes?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Slinky252

Everything you say is correct but part 3 it’s one page to scan you just keep going back to it.

MNM

Everything you say is correct but part 3 it’s one page to scan you just keep going back to it.
@Slinky252 - Thank you for clarifying this.
Stages 1 & 2 are pretty easy but the combination was quite difficult with very less time. What is the passing percentage on Stage 3 though?

Slinky252

I honestly don’t know what the pass rate is, I found this test to be the easiest of them all but you defo have to concentrate more with part 3. But after doing part 1 and 2 you will have a feel for it.

MNM

I honestly don’t know what the pass rate is, I found this test to be the easiest of them all but you defo have to concentrate more with part 3. But after doing part 1 and 2 you will have a feel for it.
@Slinky252 - Great, thank you for the info. I have my assessment next week and am feeling a bit nervous but I have to keep preparing myself.

sargentsiri

Without coming across like I'm some sort of genius. My advice would be, please don't over think it - this test, even when the tones are going, is much easier than you actually expect - you'll be fine

Slinky252

Stratford
You sound like no doubt you have done your homework, you will be nervous that’s obvious. Biggest piece of advice I can give you is, don’t rush there is an emphasis on speed but more on accuracy. If you have practised you will fine, they are looking for accuracy. You will find the GB Test easier than the practise material. Regarding the TRP 1 they told us we could write stuff down, this slowed me down so I just kept reading and when test came I remembered it. TRP 2 don’t rush you will probably not finish or even close accuracy is key. TEE OCC we have discussed you will find this the easiest. Relax, take a bottle of water, Remember there is an emphasis on speed but they want accuracy don’t worry if you don’t complete the tests Good luck.

MNM

You sound like no doubt you have done your homework, you will be nervous that’s obvious. Biggest piece of advice I can give you is, don’t rush there is an emphasis on speed but more on accuracy. If you have practised you will fine, they are looking for accuracy. You will find the GB Test easier than the practise material. Regarding the TRP 1 they told us we could write stuff down, this slowed me down so I just kept reading and when test came I remembered it. TRP 2 don’t rush you will probably not finish or even close accuracy is key. TEE OCC we have discussed you will find this the easiest. Relax, take a bottle of water, Remember there is an emphasis on speed but they want accuracy don’t worry if you don’t complete the tests Good luck.
@Slinky252 , thanks for your great advice. I will let you know how I did at the assessment.

@Slinky252 Hi, can you please let me know if it is on the computer or on paper(the symbol directory) like we hear the sounds on audio and we are given paper to circle the symbols? thanks

Last edited:

NorthernTech

They will explain each test thoroughly at the test centre and give you chance to ask any questions. Dont worry so much about it. You have the gist of it now, you’ll be fine

Luckyflames

Best advice.

If you don’t understand anything. Do not start the test until you fully understand.

Slinky252

@Slinky252 , thanks for your great advice. I will let you know how I did at the assessment.

@Slinky252 Hi, can you please let me know if it is on the computer or on paper(the symbol directory) like we hear the sounds on audio and we are given paper to circle the symbols? thanks
It’s on one larger sheet of card, and I echo what Northerntech and Luckyflames have stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.