• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

technical data on EMUs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

455/8

Hello all,

First off I'm not sure if i have put this in the right place so if i haven't then I'm sorry and could it please be moved into a more appropriate location.

Right to the topic at hand I am trying to find some technical data on the class 455s for a project I'm doing, I have looked everywhere and just can't seem to find a lot of information on the class, I am looking for what the Max Tractive effort and continuous Tractive effort of the four EE507 traction motors fitted to the units and I just can't for the life of me find anything anywhere i have looked in books on the internet and even asked a couple of driver I work with but i have nothing i even had a look on the units and just cannot find this info, would anyone here have or know where i might be able to find such information?

Cheers

Alan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

royaloak

Established Member
today I will mostly be at home decorating
I dont think that sort of info is available as it only really applies to locomotives where the trailing load can vary where-as a mutiple unit has a constant load (within reason) except when dragging a dead one around ;) when the load limitation rules come into play.

When on a company day find out if they can ask fleet for you.

455/8

I was hoping to see either the head of fleet or one of the trainers at Basingstoke who knows the 455s well but not had the chance to see them yetbut I will keep trying just had the idea to ask on here as well just incase they knew that was all but thanks I'll see what they come up with it's not really important.

Cheers,

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.