• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tech's TPP Mode Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hey all,

I've been meaning to post this one for a few days now, as it will drastically decrease the number of posts on my trip report thread. I'm not complaining at that idea, but to me it's sensible to have a separate thread for discussion of my future trips. Regular long term readers will know there are quite a few posts in that massive thread talking about upcoming trips!

So let's get the ball rolling with the trip for tomorrow. Weather forecast has improved now I see, so Aylesbury and Reading are back in the game. Annoyingly, it appears my bank balance is lying to me, unless of course I totally messed up the calculations recently! So I've got to be sensible tomorrow!

Hashtag is #techstubthumping for this trip, tweets from 0630 until around 2145.

As for other trips, well there really isn't much left to go this year now. In just under 3 weeks I'll have been to Scotland, just to cover one small bit of track. Find out what later this month, and the hashtag will be revealed a few days before the trip begins. After that, nothing planned to be done until 14th December, when I'll have my birthday bash. 2 days early this year but I'm working on the relevant day so this will do. I haven't got owt booked for it yet, but I will decide later this month. A lot of it will come down to how much money I have left!

Hopefully this thread makes sense to have here to the rest of you!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Hey all,

I've been meaning to post this one for a few days now, as it will drastically decrease the number of posts on my trip report thread. I'm not complaining at that idea, but to me it's sensible to have a separate thread for discussion of my future trips. Regular long term readers will know there are quite a few posts in that massive thread talking about upcoming trips!

So let's get the ball rolling with the trip for tomorrow. Weather forecast has improved now I see, so Aylesbury and Reading are back in the game. Annoyingly, it appears my bank balance is lying to me, unless of course I totally messed up the calculations recently! So I've got to be sensible tomorrow!

Hashtag is #techstubthumping for this trip, tweets from 0630 until around 2145.

As for other trips, well there really isn't much left to go this year now. In just under 3 weeks I'll have been to Scotland, just to cover one small bit of track. Find out what later this month, and the hashtag will be revealed a few days before the trip begins. After that, nothing planned to be done until 14th December, when I'll have my birthday bash. 2 days early this year but I'm working on the relevant day so this will do. I haven't got owt booked for it yet, but I will decide later this month. A lot of it will come down to how much money I have left!

Hopefully this thread makes sense to have here to the rest of you!

Happy hunting Lord Quest, it's an absolute dogs age since I was in Reading and Aylesbury,

Going to be busy, with you having a trip into JockRail territory plus a bit of a Birthday Bash planned, nice one.

Might be worthwhile having a whizz from Edinburgh(if your there ofcourse) to Dunbar because 73966 is up there and 73967 is due to go up there sometime soon, both maybe on view at Craigentinny, however where they'll be kept I'm not sure, so please, don't quote me on that though mate, although you may also get some VTEC HST action in. Should some winner come into view, just a suggestion. Ofcourse if you are indeed in the Scottish capital, be a shame not to ride the cats.:lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'll go into why I'm not doing Edinburgh, when I go to Scotland in just 19 days time, when the trip report is out. I have my reasons!

I haven't 'done' Reading properly in a long time so if I do go it'll be quite the experience. Aylesbury I haven't seen for quite some time either, don't ask me when I last saw the line between Aylesbury and Amersham as I genuinely can't remember! 2004 it might have been, all I know for sure is that I was still very new on the scene at the time!

Trip report for this one is expected to go live around 8pm tomorrow night, depending what time and place I get my evening meal in. I learnt of a good meal option in Hereford very recently so will be investigating it all being well.

When you guys all get to read the trip report, you'll see the amount of options I had going, so will see just how much I had to choose from and why it took so long to decide where to go!

Blindtraveler

Established Member
What you also failed to mention on your Scotland Adventure in a few weeks is that 2 more required shacks are gunna get scored and with a bit of luck a 318 or 320 or maybe even 2 bashed! Plus hopefuly your last 2 Shack in another mystery area also scored off!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
What you also failed to mention on your Scotland Adventure in a few weeks is that 2 more required shacks are gunna get scored and with a bit of luck a 318 or 320 or maybe even 2 bashed! Plus hopefuly your last 2 Shack in another mystery area also scored off!

Good point, we shall see how it goes!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Update following my indecision in Monday's trip report, where I wasn't sure if I'll be out next week. As things go right now, I'm planning to stay at home this Monday. Tons of bookwork to get caught up with and an enormous stack of DVDs to watch, so I intend to get on dealing with that lot. So there won't be any trip report this Monday, the money I'll save from not going out will no doubt prove handy for either a social obligation or paying off more of the credit card!

20th and 21st November is getting close now, only 2 weeks to go! Hashtag to be announced in the next week or so, thinking of some clever ones at the moment.

In other news, my birthday crankfest is starting to be planned. I'm thinking of having a massive clearout in Manchester, or at least as much as possible. Also on the list of considerations is a WMDR, London and West Yorkshire! I hope to have planned that trip and booked stuff for it soon, something else to sort out this weekend. The hashtag for that one will be confirmed soon enough, but there's no prizes for guessing what's top of my list of choices...

Established Member
Good point, we shall see how it goes!
Update following my indecision in Monday's trip report, where I wasn't sure if I'll be out next week. As things go right now, I'm planning to stay at home this Monday. Tons of bookwork to get caught up with and an enormous stack of DVDs to watch, so I intend to get on dealing with that lot. So there won't be any trip report this Monday, the money I'll save from not going out will no doubt prove handy for either a social obligation or paying off more of the credit card!

20th and 21st November is getting close now, only 2 weeks to go! Hashtag to be announced in the next week or so, thinking of some clever ones at the moment.

In other news, my birthday crankfest is starting to be planned. I'm thinking of having a massive clearout in Manchester, or at least as much as possible. Also on the list of considerations is a WMDR, London and West Yorkshire! I hope to have planned that trip and booked stuff for it soon, something else to sort out this weekend. The hashtag for that one will be confirmed soon enough, but there's no prizes for guessing what's top of my list of choices...

a North East Rover?:lol::lol::lol: #techsayswheyayeman

Techniquest

Veteran Member
If only I could afford that, I'd be up there like a shot! Not planned that bash any further yet due to being way too tired to do so in the evenings lately.

Rest assured, TPP Mode will be kicking in majorly in due course...
Nope, I've not got any further planning the birthday bash! Well, I did until I discovered Megabus no longer run their Birmingham to Cambridge and Norwich route, that's that idea gone. I was then looking at using GWR to go to London, umm yeah no, that's not going to work either.

A decision might be made on Friday, once I have the next 4 weekly budget all worked out. A job for tomorrow's commute!

Oh aye, in 119 days' time I'll be on my way to New York! :D

Finally for now, I'm working on the hashtag for next weekend's trip to Glasgow and Merseyside. Nothing good coming to mind yet, but I should have it figured out by Saturday night. Bring on that monster trip on, even with an 0300 alarm!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Some good ideas to work with there, might be using them with some mods...
Hashtag for Friday and Saturday is decided, after recent events (all will be revealed in the trip report!) it could only be this:

#techsescaping

I was going to change it, but it would be a musical reference and I promised Lord Roebuck I'd not do that this time :lol: It's an Alice Cooper one that I'm refraining from, I wonder if anyone can guess what it is...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Blindtraveler:2364944 said:
Very apt! Me liky

I'll of course fill you in on Friday/Saturday good sir, but aye it feels like a good choice for this one.

All I will say in addition for now is that I really, really can't wait for Friday to get here. I've not stepped foot on a train since 2nd November, and this de-stress trip will be like a miracle cure!

Established Member
Hashtag for Friday and Saturday is decided, after recent events (all will be revealed in the trip report!) it could only be this:

#techsescaping

I was going to change it, but it would be a musical reference and I promised Lord Roebuck I'd not do that this time :lol: It's an Alice Cooper one that I'm refraining from, I wonder if anyone can guess what it is...

I think I may know, so I'll leave a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKrE06N0TSk

Techniquest

Veteran Member
47403:2365741 said:

#techsescaping

I think I may know, so I'll leave a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKrE06N0TSk

"Video is unavailable" apparently :/

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Poison was the song I was referring to :)

Not been any progress with planning my birthday bash lately, just too much going on!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hashtag for the last major bash of 2015 is #techsantiFrothmas and tweets will launch around 0700 all being well.

It feels like forever since my last proper bash!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
The intro to this post was inspired by Keith Jarrett in a recent trip report of his, so here we go:

My Lords, I submit for your approval these proposals.

My first trip of 2016 has two options and I've been tossing the two choices around for a while. They are Nottingham and London.

Nottingham offers new track on NET and of course plenty of trams and shacks to score too. The plan is to go via Leicester in either one or both directions, as I haven't travelled between Nuneaton and Leicester in a very long time, plus it offers HST or winner 222 options.

London of course offers tons of winners and shacks across the board, but it does mean I would need to try and book a day off to make it worthwhile.

If it hadn't been for ATW having yet another strike, I'd have booked to go to Manchester for a winners and shack score spree.

Wherever I go, 2016 will start well. The hashtag has been decided, with tweets starting on 4th January around 0630. #techsBigBang2016 is what you'll need, and I intend to announce it on Twitter shortly.

Anyway My Lords, any thoughts on what option to go for? I'm hoping to book everything on Tuesday.

Fully aware that I am not one of the lorded brethren (yet) ;) but I would suggest Nottingham. London is always there and the more 'regional' areas I would expect need to be done when the opportunity arises and the fancy takes. As a Derbyshire lad and DCFC fan may I suggest that you wipe your feet on the way out though!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Fully aware that I am not one of the lorded brethren (yet) ;) but I would suggest Nottingham. London is always there and the more 'regional' areas I would expect need to be done when the opportunity arises and the fancy takes. As a Derbyshire lad and DCFC fan may I suggest that you wipe your feet on the way out though!

Oh I'm sure you will join the elite group of Lords soon, some excellent trip reports are required first ;)

You do speak wise words, I certainly have to want to visit the East Midlands as it's not an area I enjoy somehow, it just feels foreign!

This raises an interesting point though, maybe I should look at a Derbyshire Wayfarer, as there are shacks and plenty of EMT units I still need. Hmm...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Fair point on the Wayfarer.

I've just checked my available funds and I'm dreaming up big plans to make January even better! However I'm also being reasonably sensible and thinking about the magic plastic bill...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Very true, I think I'll not book tickets until Sunday night, just to play it on the safe side.

Hope the floods aren't affecting you too much Lord Spoon Goon, same to the rest of the forum membership up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.