• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Teesside Airport New Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
According to article in Teesside Gazette the station is to be rebuilt for 20m from the cancelled HS2 budget.

Plans announced for new 'fit-for-purpose' railway station at Teesside Airport​

Plans have been announced to build a new fit-for-purpose railway station at Teesside International Airport.

Tees Valley Mayor Ben Houchen has committed £20million to the cause and says the investment will see a fully accessible station installed at the airport. The current station has regularly featured among the least used in the country in recent years, with National Rail stating that it is currently "closed until further notice due to urgent repairs to the railway."
Announcing the plans, Mr Houchen said: “In the past few years, we have saved the airport from closure, invested in our terminal which has helped us attract amazing holiday flights to Alicante, Faro, and Corfu to name just a few. These improvements have also allowed us to provide a level of service to our passengers which has seen us win two national awards.
“We are ahead of schedule on our plan to turn things around, and the next phase of development following the opening of our business park and cargo facility, will see us build a new station at the airport. As a serious airport we need a working rail link that passengers can use to get to the airport, and with the current state of the train station this is simply not possible.

“This investment is another step towards making our fantastic local airport sustainable for the long-term and is only possible following the £1billion we received from government following the cancellation of the Manchester leg of HS2.”
Not bad for one of the least use or current useable stations in the UK. Also usual bravado from Houchen putting two fingers up to his more westerly mayoral friends.

yoyothehobo

Using money that doesnt exist to reopen a station that shouldnt exist. Sounds just like Houchen to me

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
How does a revamped station address the fundamental issue that the existing one there is/was not particularly well located for the supposedly "nearby" airport terminal?

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Everything to do with Houchen is fishy, as we see from Private Eye’s reports on the airport and on the Teesport project.

He has handed a lot of land around the airport to his mates at favourable rates for a new business park. He’s also used taxpayer money to fund a new link road to said business park.

That’s on top of the £95m of taxpayer cash he’s pumped directly into his failing airport.

So yes, I can well imagine that he will push for a new railway station there. It won’t be posturing, and it’ll be a good way of boosting the value of his mates’ interests in the land around the airport.

How does a revamped station address the fundamental issue that the existing one there is/was not particularly well located for the supposedly "nearby" airport terminal?
It’s very well located for the new business park, handed over to “private developers” (associated with Houchen, natch) at favourable rates…

Just to add a source:
private-eye-teesside-latest-v0-mdeisez66jkb1.png

I'm not going to transcribe all of the article as I'm on my phone, and sincerest apologies to those who are using screen readers.

But here are the highlights:

Tees Valley regional mayor Lord (Ben) Houchen of High Leven swapped the ermine for hard hat and high-vis again last month to announce "the first steel" appearing o a £200m business park being built next to Teesside International Airport.

"The involvement of local companies", he boasted, "shows we are ensuring that major projects such as this directly benefits firms and workers in our area". And which locals stand to benefit most? Yes: the same businessmen who are cashing in on regeneration of the huge industrial sit on the south of the Tees are in line for a nine-figure payout here too- again with taxpayers funding the work upfront.

In return for its 50% ownership of this company [Teesside International Airport Business Park Limited], the airport would contribute land and infrastructure worth £14.6m. Corney and Musgrave [owners of the other 50%] would chip in, er, £0. Instead their "forgoing management and short-term developer fees" would account for their half. Tees Valley Combined Authority (TCVA) would lend £23.6m for the initial infrastructure work. So £38m from the taxpayer, nothing from the businessmen.

Last edited:

Acfb

Seems to be electioneering to me and will likely see Houchen reelected and maybe also see the Tories hang onto Stockton West and Middlesbrough S/East Cleveland.

I think the airport itself (and station) should be closed down as there are hardly any flights and it doesn't seem sustainable to me.

That said it's supposedly only a 15 minute walk to the terminal which is more or less identical to the situation at Inverness Airport (or even from Ingliston P&R at Edinburgh) so I've always found that criticism a bit odd.

mangyiscute

Established Member
Considering there are only 5 daily flights from the airport (roughly, perhaps more in the summer) I don't think you'll ever attract that many passengers to use the station.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Are you suggesting the airport station is a key issue for voters????
the airport has an emotional hold over a large part of the Tees Valley consistency. It was a large part of the initial Houchen manifesto and something he hammers hard as a success on social media.

The local (client?) media pump out his statements for fun and offer little challenge. For instance he will always say how many planes are arriving at the airport but neglects to mention they are, mostly, for storage or maintenance. There are 5 flights a day. Mostly the long standing KLM flight to Amsterdam that might actually have saved the airport!

Last edited:

Killingworth

Established Member
Considering there are only 5 daily flights from the airport (roughly, perhaps more in the summer) I don't think you'll ever attract that many passengers to use the station.
Whilst I'd agree that current air passenger numbers won't justify a station for at best a 2 tph service it might encourage a few more who are happy to walk in the open for 20 minutes with bags. Ah, that could be a snag.

However, airport stations also cater for staff working at the airport, airline flight crews and nearby businesses. I still struggle to see many using a station when they'd have had to get to another station in the first place. It will be hard to attract users out of their cars.

mangyiscute

Established Member
Whilst I'd agree that current air passenger numbers won't justify a station for at best a 2 tph service it might encourage a few more who are happy to walk in the open for 20 minutes with bags. Ah, that could be a snag.

However, airport stations also cater for staff working at the airport, airline flight crews and nearby businesses. I still struggle to see many using a station when they'd have had to get to another station in the first place. It will be hard to attract users out of their cars.
It does seem similar to Inverness airport station, which I think has seen decent usage since its opening. However, since it serves flights to a lot of the islands, you would expect plenty of passengers to have Inverness airport as their destination rather than their origin, meaning they may not have access to a car when arriving. With Teesside airport, I reckon its an origin for most passengers so they are more likely to drive.
If the station was still in adequate condition, I would support increasing the service level, but it doesn't seem to justify the investment that a new station requires (as this is essentially what is needed).

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
What an utter waste of money that could be better spent on pretty much any other public transport policy. Providing some more support to local bus services for instance which have recently been slashed. But then that's probably not as totemic an issue for the Mayor facing re-election :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting the airport station is a key issue for voters????

As @DarloRich explains it's less the airport station and more the airport itself. It was a huge chunk of his manifesto to save it and then develop it and, on the surface, has been a success (@Tetchytyke had helpfully provided the under the bonnet reality but that's not got much play).

His other big promises were Teesworks (redeveloping the Redcar Steelworks site) which has gotten mired in the whiff of corruption (and gotten national media attention) so isn't quite as a shiny as it was and a second Tees Crossing which has gone nowhere. I'm surprised some of this "HS2 money" wasn't used there.

So he's only really got the airport as the big thing he can point to when trying to stump up more votes to win re-election.

Unfortunately, as with most other areas, the main local press, the Evening Gazette and Northern Echo, are so denuded of capacity they can't do much more than publish Houchen's pronouncements verbatim with no serious inquiry.

It's only Private Eye and the Yorkshire Post who are asking difficult questions consistently. You can see how unused to scrutiny the local Tories are around here when they start getting asked questions. They become extremely tetchy and start throwing accusations of "talking Teesside down" and "Labour failure" whenever anyone suggests there's more than a hint of corruption with what's going on at the airport and at Teesworks.

If the station was still in adequate condition, I would support increasing the service level, but it doesn't seem to justify the investment that a new station requires (as this is essentially what is needed).
Even when the airport was busier than it is now and every train called (such as in 1989 looking at my GBTT for then) nobody used it. It has always been a white elephant. It should be torn down and forgotten about. BR only built it becuase the local authority agreed to pay for it and apparently the upkeep as well (part of the reason it's fallen into disrepair is the dispute over who is liable to pay for it).

It isn't worth spending any money on, it wasn't worth spending money on and even if it was usable it is not worth slowing down what is already a slow journey by having more trains call there.

But it gets Houchen's name out there and people like the idea of a local airport (which they never use) and having it be accessible by public transport (even though they'd drive or get a lift to it). So, here we are...

Grimsby town

Seems to be electioneering to me and will likely see Houchen reelected and maybe also see the Tories hang onto Stockton West and Middlesbrough S/East Cleveland.

I think the airport itself (and station) should be closed down as there are hardly any flights and it doesn't seem sustainable to me.

That said it's supposedly only a 15 minute walk to the terminal which is more or less identical to the situation at Inverness Airport (or even from Ingliston P&R at Edinburgh) so I've always found that criticism a bit odd.

Inverness Airport is quite a bit busier than Teeside though. The other big difference is the make up of flights. Teeside generally caters for leisure passengers going on a week long summer holiday with large suitcases. It'll be fairly difficult to get those onto a train. Inverness will cater for far more business travellers, day trippers, and people on shorter breaks who are more likely to use rail. It'll also cater for tourists coming into the area who won't have access to their own cars so are more likely to use public transport.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Inverness Airport is quite a bit busier than Teeside though.
Yes I think this is the other thing that people perhaps don't clock if they aren't local or have taken a close interest in the subject. Teesside Airport is not a a busy airport. The CAA hasn't released stats for 2023 yet but in 2022 (see table 9) Teesside saw 173,000 passengers meanwhile Inverness saw 700,000. Some others like Newquay saw 244,000, Norwich had 319,000, Exeter 382,000. Even Sumburgh, in the Shetlands, managed more than Teesside at 247,000. Heck Stornoway wasn't that far behind Teesside with 102,000.

This is not a busy airport and spending £20m on rebuilding a station that has never been popular, even when the airport was busier, is a terrific waste of money and if the local media weren't utterly supine they should be asking questions about why this has been singled out for investment rather than any other project that would likely benefit far more people.

Killingworth

Established Member
Yes I think this is the other thing that people perhaps don't clock if they aren't local or have taken a close interest in the subject. Teesside Airport is not a a busy airport. The CAA hasn't released stats for 2023 yet but in 2022 (see table 9) Teesside saw 173,000 passengers meanwhile Inverness saw 700,000. Some others like Newquay saw 244,000, Norwich had 319,000, Exeter 382,000. Even Sumburgh, in the Shetlands, managed more than Teesside at 247,000. Heck Stornoway wasn't that far behind Teesside with 102,000.

This is not a busy airport and spending £20m on rebuilding a station that has never been popular, even when the airport was busier, is a terrific waste of money and if the local media weren't utterly supine they should be asking questions about why this has been singled out for investment rather than any other project that would likely benefit far more people.
Competing Newcastle, 4,128,407, Leeds/Bradford 3,288,635, now closed Doncaster/Sheffield 959,963.

And I thought DSA seemed quiet!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Competing Newcastle, 4,128,407, Leeds/Bradford 3,288,635, now closed Doncaster/Sheffield 959,963.

And I thought DSA seemed quiet!
Yes Doncaster/Sheffield seems to rather stand out there doesn't it? Closed at the end of November 2022 (so missed out on a whole month of traffic that Teesside had) and it still managed more than five times the usage yet got closed! Newcastle and Leeds of course tell the real story as that's where passengers from Teesside actually go to catch their flights (Manchester as well).

For those who aren't familar I will quote myself from June 2022 when I documented (with pictures!) the walk from the airport station to the terminal building. It is not a short nor, in anything other than nice weather and daylight, a pleasant walk (and yes, they tried a shuttle bus type affair in the early years and that wasn't popular either):

Having heard so much about it over so many years and considering that it could fall down at any moment I thought I might finally take advantage of the bank holiday (and the nice weather!) to actually visit the station and do the walk from the station to the terminal building for myself. So I made my way to Darlington on 2D11 the 0953 arrival into Darlington (in the hands of 156 482) and, having stocked up on water from Smiths (it was hot!), made my way north out of the station before intercepting the B6279 named "Tornado Way" in honour of the locomotive of the same name. My reason for this was this road (at this point) is actually on the route of the original Stockton & Darlington Railway. The line through present day Darlington station and on to Dinsdale actually came about later. Thankfully event the road gives way to a much more pleasant and slightly more obviously an ex-railway environment with a good surface underfoot and overhanging greenery giving relief from the traffic and tarmac!

A few miles outside of Darlington the old alignment intercepts the current railway just to the east of Dinsdale station having passed through the northern parts of Middleton St George. Whilst not clear from maps there is actually a footpath which follows the current railway on it's northside between it and the A67 until a convenient foot crossing allows you to cross the railway and access the road to the airport.

As you might imagine there's very little signage for the airport station but I did find one somewhat battered sign:

View attachment 115646
(This sign has certainly seen better days but it does still at least point the way correctly!)

A few hundred meters further on and we reach our primary objective!

View attachment 115647
(A shot of the subject of this thread, Teesside Airport station, in all its, er, glory?)

It was at this point that the two gentlemen who had been following me for the last five minutes or so caught up and revealed themselves to be members of Cleveland Police (the actual police not security) who enquired what I was up to and once I explained I'd come to check out the airport station they, whilst clearly slightly bemused, gamely engaged in a brief chat about the station and indeed the airport itself before wishing me well and resuming their foot patrol of the airport and its environs.

I had considered vaulting the fence to the access ramp just to quickly put a foot on the platform proper but with the police not long departed I decided discretion was the better part of valour and did not pass the metal fence blocking the entrance to the station (which ironically looks like it has only recently been refurbished as it's in extraordinarily good nick!).

So lets say our passenger has just arrived off of 2D32 the 1203 arrival from Bishop Auckland:

View attachment 115649
(156 463 rattling through, of course in reality non-stop, on its way to Saltburn, but it looks close enough to stopped we can pretend it's actually called at the station)

They find themselves, and their suitcase, confronted with this on arrival:

View attachment 115650
(This is taken from the bottom of the access ramp, if you squint you can just make out the retreating form of the two friendly police officers that stopped for a chat)

You will notice that there are no signs pointing the way, nor indeed is there a pavement. However there is only one obvious direction to go so our intrepid passenger heads the only way they can go:

View attachment 115651
(The somewhat desolate station access road, no pavement so you have a choice of grass verge or road for yourself and your suitcase)

At the end of the road you find yourself facing a widening out area. Still no pavement, nor indeed signs, but thankfully there remains really only one direction to go in:

View attachment 115652
(The road continues with no pavement nor, indeed, grass verge meaning our intrepid passenger can only really walk on the road)

A few hundred meters on (the reverse side of the sign that pointed us towards the station earlier) we find the only sign that I saw indicating which way the terminal buildings actually are but we can at least walk out of the road on the dusty gravel path which is next to the road:

View attachment 115653
(The one sign indicating which way to go for the terminal)

A couple of hundred meters further we come to a junction, no signage, no pavement but thankfully there's only one way to go real as the other direction rapidly leads to a gate which I think must give access to the apron and control tower. The way we actually have to go however feels like you're wandering through the yard of a FedEx office rather than a recognised walking route to the airport terminal:

View attachment 115654
(The fork in the road, to the left a gate and the air traffic control tower (not pictured) and to the right the way we need to go through a yard full of FedEx vans and lorries)

Finally a few hundred more meters on we reach journeys end, the terminal building in site!

View attachment 115656
(The road directly outside the terminal building)

Now, there isn't actually a proper pedestrian crossing and, in reality, there is no pedestrian access. Those barriers block the road and the gate on the pavement (the first pavement we've had on this walk!) is locked with a code. But I won't hold that against the airport as presumably it would be simple for them to have the gate open for pedestrian access from the station were there any reason to do so.

In reality any passenger has to walk down the side of the car park (just to the right in the above image), then down a road marked as access for the airport hotel, swing down the side of the hotel, then through another gate which is not obviously for public use before finally being able to reach the airport terminal proper:

View attachment 115658
(The walk through the car park, to the terminal building, having had to go somewhat out of my way to actually get there)

Now, like I said above, I won't hold this detour against the airport as why provide a route for people who don't exist (passengers using the airport station to access the airport terminal). But still, even without the detour, it's an impressively desolate and unwelcoming route. Also quite a distance.

Whilst in good weather like I had it's not an unpleasant walk in anything other than a sunny day such as night or in the rain it would be a trudge and whilst I take on board those that say "it's no further than walking around some terminals in Heathrow" it really doesn't feel the same as walking from say Manchester Airport station to the terminal buildings there where you're fully under cover, there's plenty of signage and your actually in the airport, if not the right terminal, almost immediately.

I've also done that walk and it felt nothing like as off-putting as the walk from Tesside Airport station to the terminal was.

Personally, having now done the walk for myself, I can only restate what I've said before (and what Northern and their BR forbears clearly thought), the station is a waste of time and money when it comes to serving the airport. You could call every train there and no-one would use it. Close it and be done with it. The thing is not saveable seemingly physically considering the results of the FOI nor indeed is it saveable from a service point of view.

As shown from the car park and personal experience. The people who use the airport drive and either park or get dropped off. They're unlikely to trade their car which can either drop them off directly outside or park directly outside for the kilometre long walk from the station. If they don't have a car or don't have a friend with a car (and can somehow afford a train but not a taxi on top of their holiday costs) there are direct services to Manchester Airport or Newcastle Airport is accessible with either one or two changes.

This station is pointless. Let it die.

As for me? Your intrepid correspondent headed back towards Middleton St George cutting over a few fields (using footpaths!) before gaining the main road through the village, stopped off at the village shop for another bottle of water (did I mention it was warm?) and then made their way to Dinsdale station to wait for 2D38 the 1329 back towards Saltburn (in the hands of 158 816 whose aircon wasn't not working but certainly wasn't working as well as you'd like!) and what they considered a well earned rest.

Killingworth

Established Member
Yes Doncaster/Sheffield seems to rather stand out there doesn't it? Closed at the end of November 2022 (so missed out on a whole month of traffic that Teesside had) and it still managed more than five times the usage yet got closed! Newcastle and Leeds of course tell the real story as that's where passengers from Teesside actually go to catch their flights (Manchester as well).

For those who aren't familar I will quote myself from June 2022 when I documented (with pictures!) the walk from the airport station to the terminal building. It is not a short nor, in anything other than nice weather and daylight, a pleasant walk (and yes, they tried a shuttle bus type affair in the early years and that wasn't popular either):
Excellent description.

Funny that, it looks like an old WW2 RAF base, which reminds me that I have been there back in the early 1970s when we went to see a display at RAF Middleton St George!

deltic08

On Moderation
I was a pilot at RAF Middleton St George from 1963 to closure in 1965 and never once used the station even then, Darlington was our railhead. It was the same for over 1500 personnel and families.
The big mistake was making the main airport terminal where it is now as that was the original guardroom entrance to the RAF station instead of near the railway station when it became a civilian airport.
£20m for a new airport station is just pie in the sky especially as it will always be too far from the airport terminal to arrive by train. Locals will always drive or are near enough to arrive by taxi.

Last edited:

Meerkat

Established Member
Normally the consensus would be that it’s good to put in transport infrastructure before development around it - build it and they will come etc…..
Will make the northern business park more appealing and accessible. Not so much use for the planned one the other side of the runway though as the access to that will be a mile to the East.
Is there a technical reason that it can’t be moved nearer to the access road to the airport?

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Normally the consensus would be that it’s good to put in transport infrastructure before development around it - build it and they will come etc….
The infrastructure will be useful when the business park fails and Corney and Musgrave get to use the land for housing.

Yes I think this is the other thing that people perhaps don't clock if they aren't local or have taken a close interest in the subject. Teesside Airport is not a a busy airport.
For a while it had an express bus direct to Darlington station, which was more useful than the station. Nobody used that bus either.

Teesside has only a handful of flights and it only has the ones it has because of incentives given to the airlines by Houchen.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Unfortunately, as with most other areas, the main local press, the Evening Gazette and Northern Echo, are so denuded of capacity they can't do much more than publish Houchen's pronouncements verbatim with no serious inquiry.

It's only Private Eye and the Yorkshire Post who are asking difficult questions consistently. You can see how unused to scrutiny the local Tories are around here when they start getting asked questions. They become extremely tetchy and start throwing accusations of "talking Teesside down" and "Labour failure" whenever anyone suggests there's more than a hint of corruption with what's going on at the airport and at Teesworks.
The state of the Echo in all this is shocking - the once great daily of the north, of campaigns, of change for the better, of doing and standing for the right thing and of social justice ( that's actual social justice not SJW that Tories wang on about) is nothing but a shell. It is awful.

I find it impressive that the very (C?) conservative Yorkshire Post is the one paper going after Houchen and his chums. Perhaps Houchen might regret starting a social media war with the editor.....................
Newcastle and Leeds of course tell the real story as that's where passengers from Teesside actually go to catch their flights (Manchester as well).
That's why I keep saying how important TPE links from the north east to Manchester Airport are - i KNOW the cognoscenti here don't like them but they are a massive success. There are plenty of people I know who only get the train when going to Manchester Airport.

The infrastructure will be useful when the business park fails and Corney and Musgrave get to use the land for housing.
Shocked you would even think such a thing. Are you, perhaps, close to " doing Teesside down"?

Teesside has only a handful of flights and it only has the ones it has because of incentives given to the airlines by Houchen.
And yet STILL No Heathrow flight..........................

DarloRich

Veteran Member
That's curious, because slot pairs at Heathrow are cheap and plentiful, so it can most certainly accommodate a flight from Teesside...
You can only go to places beginning with A from Teesside: Aberdeen, Amsterdam and Alicante

( that's 3 x KLM, 1 x Loganair, 1 x Ryan Air per day - on a good day)

In fairness I THINK there were summer season charters to somewhere like Burgas (which lets the side down a bit on the "A" Front!) and in 2024 there are going to be summer TUI flights to Dalman. There is a flight to somewhere unpronounceable in Finland to see the northern lights which ends soon if it hasn't already. There is supposed to be a several times a week (March > Oct) flight to Majorca ( TUI/Ryan Bus) Summer season once a week to Corfu and a summer season once weekly to Jersey (don't know who will deliver that). There also seems to be an Iceland flight suggested.

STILL No Heathrow ( or any London link)..................

( PS i remember the old days when the airport was busy and had a direct London Link - longer circling Heathrow than the journey down! Sadly no ICI or British Steel people to fill up the flight these days)

@ainsworth74 is much more local than me so might have more news!

Last edited:

Gathursty

Established Member
I've always thought that (blue circle) is the best location for Teesside Airport but I also agree that this Airport just isn't viable and the money best spent elsewhere.

I'll miss the tiny turning circle in front of the station which was fun to navigate in the car I had at the time which had no power steering.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240103_191111_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103_191111_Maps.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 43

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
And yet STILL No Heathrow flight
It was truly amazing how Loganair stopped flying that route the very second that Houchen stopped shoving cash in their direction.
The state of the Echo in all this is shocking
That’s the Newsquest influence. The Bradford Telegraph and Argus is equally supine when it comes to those of a Tory persuasion.

The best place for the station is Darlington!
The best place for the station is CF Booth. Along with all that metal which mysteriously vanished from the Teessport site.

Teesside saw 173,000 passengers
Our airport, with our population of 83,000, has had 650,000 passengers through the airport in 2023. It really is staggering just how bad Teesside Airport is.

Last edited:

edwin_m

Veteran Member
I was a pilot at RAF Middleton St George from 1963 to closure in 1965 and never once used the station even then, Darlington was our railhead. It was the same for over 1500 personnel and families.
The big mistake was making the main airport terminal where it is now as that was the original guardroom entrance to the RAF station instead of near the railway station when it became a civilian airport.
£20m for a new airport station is just pie in the sky especially as it will always be too far from the airport terminal to arrive by train. Locals will always drive or are near enough to arrive by taxi.
My mother and I went to collect my father there one day in the early 1980s when his London flight was diverted from Newcastle. On leaving the airport he realised it was RAF Middleton St George, which he'd been flown into or out of at least once during his national service.
I've always thought that (blue circle) is the best location for Teesside Airport but I also agree that this Airport just isn't viable and the money best spent elsewhere.

I'll miss the tiny turning circle in front of the station which was fun to navigate in the car I had at the time which had no power steering.
I was part of a project that looked at that exact site as part of the Tees Valley Metro proposal in 2008, and I assume that's where any new station would go (apologies if already posted - I did look but may have missed it). For completeness our site visit minibus visited the little turning circle too. It was certainly better than the current station in that it gave access to some businesses, but still not near enough to the terminal to be useful without a shuttle.

Status
Not open for further replies.