• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Telephoto Lens Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member
£10,000

It'd be nice if I could afford that :lol: Don't know what I'd use it for though :lol:

Craig

Established Member
I think my 20D would look a bit lost on the end of it, I'd need to get a 1D Mk II as well :lol:

mumrar

Established Member
£10,000!! Do you people shop at Harrods? I've found many retailers who sell it for under £8,000 and whilst I expect a reply that this still is not cheap, I would rather by a new camera body for £650 than £812.50 which represents the same percentage saving.

But this lens is not really suited to our hobby of railway photography and would be most likely in the hands of sports or wildlife shooter TBH. Doesn't stop us all dreaming though eh, I mean f/5.6 at 800mm, I have a lens that only just manages that at 135mm and it cost enough!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
£10,000!! Do you people shop at Harrods? I've found many retailers who sell it for under £8,000 and whilst I expect a reply that this still is not cheap, I would rather by a new camera body for £650 than £812.50 which represents the same percentage saving.

But this lens is not really suited to our hobby of railway photography and would be most likely in the hands of sports or wildlife shooter TBH. Doesn't stop us all dreaming though eh, I mean f/5.6 at 800mm, I have a lens that only just manages that at 135mm and it cost enough!
Anything over 200mm isn't really suited to our hobby.
I find I use my 17-85 alot more than my 70-200 2.8L though the photos done with my 70-200 are pretty awesome and high-quality due to the L glass.
Though imagine what you could shoot with the 1200mm/5.6 L ...

Status
Not open for further replies.