• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Temperature on Avanti class 390

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parjon

I've never found the pendolinos comfortable, but in recent months when having to use these services they are stiflingly hot and stuffy. What is going on?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I've never found the pendolinos comfortable, but in recent months when having to use these services they are stiflingly hot and stuffy. What is going on?

I've noticed them being a bit warmer of late too. The temperature, unlike most trains, can be adjusted by the guard on board, but I wonder if they've gone up half a degree on the default temperature?

hapt1n

As part of the pendolino refurb process the heater banks in each car are stripped down and cleaned for the first time in 20 years. Also, the seating config is changed during the uograde, there are now more passengers per car in standa4d class.

AJDesiro

As part of the pendolino refurb process the heater banks in each car are stripped down and cleaned for the first time in 20 years. Also, the seating config is changed during the uograde, there are now more passengers per car in standa4d class.
There have been no additional seats added in standard, quite the contrary, while most of the seating configuration remains the exact same, some seats have been removed so that more luggage storage is available.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

The seating config was NOT changed, that's why the skinnier seats mean more legroom! It was felt too expensive to move the spotlights and reservation displays. Actually there's a slight reduction in each coach as the luggage rack has been widened from one row to two.

william.martin

On Moderation
I completely agree with the temperature bit, pendolinos have always been toasty inside, I am fuming about my look of never getting a refurbished one, always 9 car or a 11 car with the old interior so I honestly don't know what it is like on the new one.

Halish Railway

Established Member
A lot of times when I have joined the WiFi on a Pendolino there has been a question about the temperature, something along the lines of 'How is the temperature on board the train today?' With the answers of too cold, about right and too hot. It seems like many people have answered 'too cold' and Avanti have responded by turning up the thermostat. One of these experiences was onboard the refurbished Pride Pendolino where it felt like 25 degrees, an interesting experience as I passed various canals that had frozen over.

route101

Established Member
I have found them too hot, often on a mild winters day. I find that outwith trains, heating yanked up on mild winters days.

Russel

Pendolinos are far too warm, to the point of being unpleasant.

Just like most hotels and shops I've visited of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.