• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

On Moderation
That was emotional. I'm no real tennis fan, apart from Wimbledon, but I'm going to miss him. Thank you Andy! Thank you for the experience.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The_Train

Established Member
That was emotional. I'm no real tennis fan, apart from Wimbledon, but I'm going to miss him. Thank you Andy! Thank you for the experience.

He's made tennis enjoyable to watch again, well from a British point of view anyway.

I really hope he can drag himself to Wimbledon as he deserves to receive a send off as a player on the court, showing the battling qualities that have made him the player he is. It wouldn't be the same seeing him walk out on centre court dressed in a suit or tracksuit because he's not been able to force his body into one last battle

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I detest tennis.

Much as I detest tennis I can see the impact Murray has had, especially in winning 2 x Olympic gold and 2 x Wimbledon . He is obviously a great tennist and an fantastic athlete. It will be a long time until there is another British male tennis player of his quality. We will be back to 20 years of plucky losers and boring people droning on about some proto Tim Henman type.

thejuggler

Never liked tennis, but I know a lot of dedicated sportsmen and women (some pros, some very good amateurs) and the one thing they all have in common is they want to retire on their terms. Having to retire because your body can take no more isn't what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.