• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tervueren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citybreak1

What ticket do I need for this? I read it takes 43 minutes what point does it enter the Forrest is there a quicker stop to hop off? Any other tram routes worth going? I have only done docks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlbertBeale

Established Member
What ticket do I need for this? I read it takes 43 minutes what point does it enter the Forrest is there a quicker stop to hop off? Any other tram routes worth going? I have only done docks.
What ticket do you need for what? Where are you going from/to - which country are you in?!

Veteran Member
It would be from Brussels midi just I heard a standard day ticket might not cover that far out.
"The entire STIB network is within the Brupass Zone" say STIB - does that help? I see Tervuren is the end of a tram route.

dutchflyer

Established Member
You can now also pay with bank/credit card-then its 2,10/rid or MAX 7,50 for the day. I could not fast find out if thats 1 calenderday (suppose so) or for 24 hrs. Charge is done at end of day during nighttime.
ONLY the airportbus has special higher fares, normal fares are valid on whole of normal MIVB (flemish abbreviation) network, metro, tram, bus. Normal paper BRUpass such tickets should also be valid on deLIJN and TEC flemish/wallon buses and also trains IN the agglo-BRU zone.
Just get off when/where you fancy it-or stay on till terminus and come back if thats less inviting as some stop before. Thats what one can do with a dayticket, nah? Though somehow I vaguely recall this line ends at the small village named such.

Veteran Member
Thanks do I have to go the whole route to enter the Forrest or can I get off early?
I don't know Greater Brussels at all, but the 44 tram appears to run for a considerable way through forested land to get to Tervuren.

Established Member
A nice idea for a round trip is to take the 44 out to Tervuren, then walk to Ban-Eik to pick up the 39 back into town. I've done it before and the walk was quite pleasant, I think it goes along the trackbed of a former railway.

Last time I was in Brussels, both the 39 and 44 were solidly in the hands of the old PCC 7700/7800 cars which is a bonus.

Citybreak1

Anything else interesting on the metro lines worth visiting? I have a spare day in Brussels and done most cities before. I’ve not done any museums yet.

Looked at Mechelen and other ideas

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
And if you get a chance... this is along line 44 :
I can also recommend this, made the trip through the woods a very pleasant journey.
Anything else interesting on the metro lines worth visiting? I have a spare day in Brussels and done most cities before. I’ve not done any museums yet.

Looked at Mechelen and other ideas
It's possible to get up to the Atomium on the tram network. You pay to go inside it, but it's worth seeing from the outside alone.

norbitonflyer

Established Member
I couldn’t see the line at midi today is it over ground or the under ground line?
It is an underground tram route (the "pre-metro") between Gare du Midi and Gare du Nord. Although as the name implies the plan is eventually to convert the tunnel to new metro lines, it has been a "pre-Metro" since 1976! (The same year that the first pre-Metro was converted to a full metro, now part of lines 1 and 5)

At Montgomery station, where the tramline to Tervuren starts, you get all three - Metro, conventional tram, and a short length of pre-metro

Status
Not open for further replies.