• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfGM Bee Network - fleet discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class 466

Established Member
Somebody is going to see that if it doesn't get re-livered and think the busway is getting it's own colours.
Doubt it given it’ll be operating in a totally different area to Vantage (if it does actually enter service and isnt just for type training)

Ooh interesting! Has 10859 gone for repaint/refurbishment?
Repaint definitely, unsure of refurbishment but wouldn’t be surprised given it’s been out of service for a month now.

Andyh82

Established Member
Rochdale (currently Transdev - transferring to First but some routes staying with Transdev and operated from other depots)
6 deckers
69 single deck
The allocation at Rochdale is about 44 buses (3 double decks, 41 single decks) with a PVR of 34

There are Rosso buses allocated to Burnley (for the Irwell Line and Rossendale local services and schools) and Intack, Blackburn (for the 464 and some of the Bury Bolts)

WWH44L

Are routes 163/472/4 going to be running out of Bolton from this weekend? Sure I read that when Tranche 2 starts, Heywood will just be the schools unit.

Andyh82

Established Member
Are routes 163/472/4 going to be running out of Bolton from this weekend? Sure I read that when Tranche 2 starts, Heywood will just be the schools unit.
I asked the question and got an answer in this thread

It isn’t fleet or repaints related so wasn’t able to be asked in this thread

Leyland Bus

Afternoon, more changes in the run up to Tranche 2 commencement has seen all the green 135 liveried B9TLs "Bee Network"'d and the 135 logos covered by TfGM logos on green slabs (picture attached).

A start has also been made on the B5s that will be loaned out also. Should make for some interesting photos going forwards!

Attachments

• 20240318_144747.jpg
    20240318_144747.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 148

Leyland Bus

I thought it would’ve made sense to run those out of heywood depot alongside schools but I guess not
There is limited room and the number of school buses there is going up, so it'll be a balancing act. Bolton is quite full aswell so we'll see how it all pans out...

Andyh82

Established Member
It’s noticeable that they aren’t doing a big overnight switch like in tranche 1, and Stagecoach, First and Go North West are all starting to stick Bee Network logos to their vehicles ahead of time

Leyland Bus

It’s noticeable that they aren’t doing a big overnight switch like in tranche 1, and Stagecoach, First and Go North West are all starting to stick Bee Network logos to their vehicles ahead of time
That's because Rotala were being completely intransigent when it came to the switch over and refused access to GoAhead until the actual 2am deadline (which they themselves missed and had to be thrown out plus other bits I can't write here!)

Stagecoach, GoAhead and First have been very friendly with each other as they've accepted it's happening and know if they help out it makes everyone's lives that bit easier...

Class 466

Established Member
That's because Rotala were being completely intransigent when it came to the switch over and refused access to GoAhead until the actual 2am deadline (which they themselves missed and had to be thrown out plus other bits I can't write here!)

Stagecoach, GoAhead and First have been very friendly with each other as they've accepted it's happening and know if they help out it makes everyone's lives that bit easier...
The difference between both tranches is clear as day. It’s really good to see an industry working together (as the people on the ground always would).

M60lad

I'm not too sure whether its been reported here but it seems that over the weekend most of Stagecoach Middleton's MMC400s have gone to other Stagecoach Manchester depots with standard Bee Network liveried E400s replacing them, as noticed on various Stagecoach Middleton routes yesterday. It's a bit of a come down for passengers that have got used to the newer vehicles on Moston Lane and 171/172 routes.

mangad

Three companies who have - of course - all experienced this kind of transition on railways in the past.

MasterSpenny

The first one of Stagecoach’s new Enviro 200 MMCs for Bee Network services in Manchester have been sighted at Hyde Road. Photo - not mine.

M60lad

Got talking to a few Stagecoach Manchester Inspectors on Piccadilly Gardens yesterday including a couple that are being trained up ready for next week and from what I was told next week is going to be interesting as Stagecoach have already drafted in vehicles from various other Stagecoach subsidies to be used at various Stagecoach Bee Network Depots due late running deliveries of new vehicles.

Hopefully bar any hiccups changeover will happen a lot smother than what it did last time.

Class 466

Established Member
GNW Evoseti 3070 has had a WBN sticker put in the cab window which would suggest it’s moving to Wigan/Bolton (or is it Wigan Bee Network?)

Leyland Bus

All QS buses that are leaving the depot are having location stickers applied. No Evosetis are going to Wigan so will be something to do with Bolton.

WWH44L

All QS buses that are leaving the depot are having location stickers applied. No Evosetis are going to Wigan so will be something to do with Bolton.
6102 has a ‘WO’ sticker applied. Can’t for the life of me work that one out :lol:
Think I read that the 09 reg B7s were to become driver trainers.

M60lad

Considering Stagecoach have still got to move vehicles to their relevant depot's over the weekend will the vehicles also be ready for operation on Sunday in that all the destinations will be programmed into the destination displays? I know what happened last time as a number of the Scania double deckers that used to be on 163 were running with various interesting destinations for the first couple of days.

Established Member
A new Switch Solo has been delivered to Hyde Road in Bee Network livery.

Photo credit: "PS_Bus_Driver"

GCH100

GNW Evoseti 3070 has had a WBN sticker put in the cab window which would suggest it’s moving to Wigan/Bolton (or is it Wigan Bee Network?)
WBN Might mean to be Withdrawn, and go to Bolton - e.g. going to Bolton for future use.
WO might mean Withdrawn - Out of fleet.

Those are the two most likely codes I can think off.

WWH44L

WBN Might mean to be Withdrawn, and go to Bolton - e.g. going to Bolton for future use.
WO might mean Withdrawn - Out of fleet.

Those are the two most likely codes I can think off.
Could well be or even Wigan for storage then ultimately Bolton. Anyway only couple of days until we sort of find out.

There’s also photo of streetlite 6004 on Flickr with a ‘TNE’ sticker which I’m presuming has something to do with the North East o_O

Fin447

Could well be or even Wigan for storage then ultimately Bolton. Anyway only couple of days until we sort of find out.

There’s also photo of streetlite 6004 on Flickr with a ‘TNE’ sticker which I’m presuming has something to do with the North East o_O
To North East or Transfer North East perhaps

py_megapixel

Established Member
A new Switch Solo has been delivered to Hyde Road in Bee Network livery.

Photo credit: "PS_Bus_Driver"
but with a stock interior, apparently?

To be fair, I didn't even realise they still made those, I had an idea they'd been discontinued.

Leyland Bus

Just spied a Bee Network liveried Volvo B8R MCV single (24 plate) on delivery running down the A6, Chapel St at 15:00...

Also, the first 5 former Oxford B5s are now garaged at Queens, 3 two tone red ones and 2 blue ones. Annoyingly, phone had gone flat, so no pics or numbers... :rolleyes:

Last edited: