• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFL alternative travel due to bus cancellation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Will I get a refund for the difference between the tube and bus fare as buses have been cancelled through central London due to the protest?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Quakkerillo

I highly doubt you'd be successful. For one, you'd need to prove you were actually planning to use the bus to get to / from /within Central London, and I think that there's going to be a real issue there to prove you didn't want to take the Tube to begin with.
Secondly, if they were to accept your claim for a difference refund, I think that others who'd try the same as you, either one of all of you would mention this somewhere, and the word would spread. And before you know it, everybody who used the Tube - but in normal days 'could' have used the bus - would be trying it on.

So only if you have proof you make the exact same bus journey every day, and this is all logged in your account, I'd say they might be lenient. But I don't believe there really is much legal ground for this, although I'll be happy to be corrected. I just haven't ever heard of this in times of bus disruption before.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Will I get a refund for the difference between the tube and bus fare as buses have been cancelled through central London due to the protest?
Did you have a bus ticket before the disruption was announced (or started)?

northken

Hi, don't touch in and out on the tube, tell staff that you are unable to complete your journey due to the bus disruption and they'll let you through the barriers.

This is what @TfLBusAlerts was advising people to do.

londonbridge

Established Member
So they're effectively giving people free rides then, as presumably you won't have tapped in on a bus??

Status
Not open for further replies.