• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL ApplePay Contactless

Status
Not open for further replies.

35B

Established Member
I use Contactless on my iPhone for travel in London, with "transit mode" enabled. This works well, with personal and business use separated by whether I use my work or personal phone.

I've recently had a couple of days where I've tapped out of a station, but the journey has not completed. On the first time, the tap out didn't register, and a "new" virtual card was created against my account (same bank details) on which the rest of the day's travel was charged. The second time saw my tap outs fail on both my journey to and from the office, and I had an incomplete journey recorded.

I was able to sort it all out, with excess payments refunded, with TfL, but was wondering if I'm alone in encountering this behaviour?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

35B

Established Member
Did you use the same device/card to tap out, as you tapped in with?
Yes, and consistently so. If I'd crossed devices/cards, I'd have expected the relevant error messages - and not shared the question online, to save my blushes!

Status
Not open for further replies.