• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFL Contactless Collection Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonbridge

Established Member
Is anyone else having problems with TFL collecting payments from their account when using contactless? Until recently I could pretty much guarantee that fares would be collected by the end of the next working day, but something seems to be amiss. This week, Mondays payment has not been collected and is showing as pending on my account twice. Tuesday not showing at all, pending or otherwise. Yesterday showing as pending. All journeys are showing correctly under journey and payment history in the TFL Oyster/contactless app. Have found one person who has posted on @MikeWh Oyster site with similar issues, wondered if anyone else was affected? I have a Barclays Visa debit card if that’s of any relevance.

Update, all three fares now collected, second Monday entry still showing as pending, Tuesday never appeared as pending before being collected.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Mondays collection has happened now, apparently. Only one payment taken with the other left as pending to drop off later. TfL say that the problem should be completely fixed overnight tonight.

londonbridge

Established Member
Thanks Mike.

Edit: 4th November-well the other pending transaction for Monday is still there and refuses to drop off my account even though that days fares have been collected. Looks like it’ll stay there till Wednesday when it expires. Good job it’s only £3.50 involved.

Further edit: it’s finally gone! The transaction had an expiry date of Wednesday 8th but it dropped off my account sometime on Tuesday evening and my available balance increased. Everything seems to be back to normal collection wise so this thread can be closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.