• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL plus NR journey PAYG Service Delay Refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leisurefirst

Hi there,
Anybody know what the policy is regarding the below please?
(A journey wholly within the TfL PAYG area starting on London Underground but changing onto NR...)
LU service delayed by over 15 minutes causing you to miss NR train at interchange station and arrive 30 minutes late.
TfL site only seems to let you enter LU/LO start and finish points.
Does this mean you can only claim for the LU/LO portion of the journey or not at all?
Or is there some way to claim for the whole (more expensive) journey?
Also on the particular case I faced on Saturday last-
I boarded the tube at an LU station.
Train did not move due to an incident further up the line. (Trains kept in platforms.)
I decided to exit after over 20 minutes of being at the station and walk to another station on a different line.
I did approach a member of staff who cancelled my same station entry/exit.
I made my journey from the alternative station (arriving 30 minutes late due to still missing the NR connection).
Can you still claim Service Delay Refund if you change starting station due to a delay? (Any journey - part LU/LO and part NR or wholly LU/LO). The same station entry/exit without charge is shown on my journey history as evidence.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I don't think you will be able to claim using the normal form; you would be best off contacting TfL's customer services directly. They don't make their policy particularly clear (they don't seem to have a Charter that I can find anywhere, for instance) but I would have said that if the delay to your journey was precipitated by an Underground delay, the 15 minute threshold applies. There's a 30 minute threshold for LO/EL journeys anyway, so if you arrived 30 minutes late it's a moot point.

Of course TfL might come back and claim that the delay was outside their control, and thus they aren't paying you anything.

Leisurefirst

I don't think you will be able to claim using the normal form; you would be best off contacting TfL's customer services directly. They don't make their policy particularly clear (they don't seem to have a Charter that I can find anywhere, for instance) but I would have said that if the delay to your journey was precipitated by an Underground delay, the 15 minute threshold applies. There's a 30 minute threshold for LO/EL journeys anyway, so if you arrived 30 minutes late it's a moot point.

Of course TfL might come back and claim that the delay was outside their control, and thus they aren't paying you anything.
Thank you.
No, they certainly don't make anything clear!
A few months ago too during a particularly bad period on the H&C/Circle (regular 15-20 min gaps), I kept having a claim rejected due to some sort of inabilty to process at that time (I can't remember exactly the phrase now) and told to phone up IIRC but when attempted times suddenly went through.
A few days/weeks later another couple of claims, same message but suddenly went through after multiple attempts (usually doing this out of office hours so couldn't call).
Both rejected, (one moot because I took a longer route than on journey planner due to easier journey for somebody with mobility issues), the other for no reason at all (I still remember without question waiting for 20 minutes us on a freezing Paddington for one of the last westbound services after midnight after an also delayed GWR journey).
This all on top of the whole process being very difficult to find in the first place.
I wonder why...?
(The journey in OP was last Saturday 14/1/23 morning, described by Driver as defective train at Euston Square but on TfL website as signal failure.)

Status
Not open for further replies.