• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFL - TRAIN MAINTAINER / MAINTENANCE Interview / Assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

j1441

Any guidence / tips on the Electrical Knowledge Test, Mechanical Knowledge Test and Competency Interview would be much appreciated.

CBI Competencies

• Problem Solving – Level A
  • Responsiveness – Level A
  • Results Focus – Level B
  • Safety Awareness – Level C

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Unknockable

Glad to know I wasn't the only one that applied for this, at what stage are you taking these tests? I only have came across the mechanical, verbal and mathematical tests after applying. No electrical.

j1441

This is after passing the online application and all the online tests. These test will be at the assessment stage where you have to attend.

undftd13

Any guidence / tips on the Electrical Knowledge Test, Mechanical Knowledge Test and Competency Interview would be much appreciated.

CBI Competencies

• Problem Solving – Level A
  • Responsiveness – Level A
  • Results Focus – Level B
  • Safety Awareness – Level C

Hi J, have you had any luck finding any more info on this? mainly the electrical knowledge as there has been no specific revision available for that section on the SHL site

Unknockable

This is after passing the online application and all the online tests. These test will be at the assessment stage where you have to attend.
I see, so have you applied for the role that was advertised recently in January? I haven’t heard back yet and I find it strange that you’re already on the 2nd stage of the process, unless you’ve applied for the same role that was advertised last year or something.

Gooner18

As I remember you needed previous experience worh working on trains for this one ?

Unknockable

I got rejected on friday for failing the first stage of the online tests, but the email said I done well and they’ll hold my results on record for future positions. I don’t know wheather they really will or isit just waffle. Wish they’ll make these initial tests relevant to the actual job.

amateugraphy

I have mine in two weeks time have you managed to find any helpful preparation materials? I'm mainly concerned about the electrical knowledge test as I have no idea what the questions will be covering
Well I didn't find any material but, the questions were about basic electrical knowledge.

Elkyfr

All done and went well I think, the hardest thing is to wait for the result :)

Hello all,

I will do it the next week. Did you do a mechanical, electrical test and finally the interview? is that all?

Was the Competency Interview difficult to answer?

I lacked time to finish the online test verbal and mathematics . Did you have enough time to respond in the second stage? computer or paper?

Thank you in advance.

amateugraphy

Hello all,

I will do it the next week. Did you do a mechanical, electrical test and finally the interview? is that all?

Was the Competency Interview difficult to answer?

I lacked time to finish the online test verbal and mathematics . Did you have enough time to respond in the second stage? computer or paper?

Thank you in advance.

Hi, yes you will have mechanical and electrical paper test and an interview. Competency interviews can not be difficult as they ask questions about your experiences, and yes you will have plenty of time to answer.

Elkyfr

Hi, yes you will have mechanical and electrical paper test and an interview. Competency interviews can not be difficult as they ask questions about your experiences, and yes you will have plenty of time to answer.

Thank you, good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.