• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFL training or Training within the Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lewlew

All training is still on hold and will likely remain so for a while. As mentioned above, classroom training could restart but then when individuals go to their new station/depot/cabin etc etc then they are unable to be with an instructor due to social distancing.

And again, as already mentioned, there is going to be a big backlog of internal training to catch up with to keep services running before thinking about new staff.

Cassy j

Are job cuts and salary reductions possible with the bail out and tfl losing money ?

Railroader22

I had an email a week or so ago from TfL saying they Haven’t forgotten about me and hopefully things will be back to normal soon. They also asked if there was anything preventing me from starting training in the next 12/15 weeks. So I’m hoping that training will restart very soon.

Loccodrilla

Thank you mate can you please let me know if you get any update as I’m waiting to start training for the role of operations officer but have not had such email

Railroader22

TfL have started doing medicals again. A friend of mine has been given their medical for this Monday for Tube driver.

Gunner4lyf94

TfL have started doing medicals again. A friend of mine has been given their medical for this Monday for Tube driver.

This is good news! Had my new DBS sent in post but have yet to hear anything else from TFL recruitment about training dates starting again! Hopefully it isnt long now. Hows it going railroader? I just really want to get start now haha

Railroader22

This is good news! Had my new DBS sent in post but have yet to hear anything else from TFL recruitment about training dates starting again! Hopefully it isnt long now. Hows it going railroader? I just really want to get start now haha
Alright Gunner! Not too bad mate, how about yourself? I’m the same as you, eagerly waiting to start. Im hoping we get those training dates soon!

thanks for replying Railroader22. I was hoping that those of us who got that "15 weeks" email would actually start soon. fingers crossed.

Railroader22

I was hoping the same thing. I don’t think we’re going to be given a start date until way into 2021. I may be wrong, but I just can’t see it happening soon.

Loccodrilla

I was contacted 4 days ago by TfL and booked in for a medical they also informed me that training will commence in October

Railroader22

Just called TfL recruitment to get an update. She said they aren’t doing any medicals for CSA staff at the moment and there is no plans to do training in the near future for CSA either. She said hopefully there may be one training group this year, but she can’t guarantee it. She also said they will send us all an update email soon. Looks like we’re on this wait for a long time.

spoke with them as well and told me the same thing they told you. let’s hope things will clear up a bit and start to move forward soon. all this waiting and hoping is getting to me

Gunner4lyf94

spoke with them as well and told me the same thing they told you. let’s hope things will clear up a bit and start to move forward soon. all this waiting and hoping is getting to me

This isn't great news at all! Went in to my current job hoping it would be temporary and would start tfl within the year atleast. I just want to know the job is secured and they won't scrap it. Its hard when there isn't much communication on their part as it makes you think the worst.

This isn't great news at all! Went in to my current job hoping it would be temporary and would start tfl within the year atleast. I just want to know the job is secured and they won't scrap it. Its hard when there isn't much communication on their part as it makes you think the worst.
I know how you feel. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. However Covid isn't going anywhere anytime soon and as much as it sucks to say, people will get sick and/or have to isolate. They won't have much choice but to do training for at least a group.

Mwc10

I feel like we will be on the waiting list for a very long time. Restructure, job cuts, salary reduction etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.