• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW rebrand of Arriva/turquoise station signage

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I don't know how many stations are left with faded Arriva signage on TfW's network but it seems like an awful lot of them. Turquoise writing, turquoise strips (or covered with a white strip in the case of nameboards), Rail Alphabet, etc) but I'm hoping TfW get rid of it soon as it looks horrendous.

Anyway, whether or not someone can answer about that, just wanted to notify that Newport has had all of its faded ATW style nameboards on Platform 1 completely replaced with new ones. The poles are still Arriva turquoise banded.

Some on Platform 2 and 3 too, but some of those at the far Northern end where people don't often wander remain ATW ones, curiously. However, these now have smart red bands on the poles instead of the turquoise ones.

Platform 4 looks shoddy because enormous white patches have been left by the old nameboards showing up the dirt, and some patches haven’t even got a new nameboard to replace the one removed.

Attachments

• IMG_4016.jpeg
    IMG_4016.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_4017.jpeg
    IMG_4017.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_4018.jpeg
    IMG_4018.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4019.jpeg
    IMG_4019.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_4021.jpeg
    IMG_4021.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_4022.jpeg
    IMG_4022.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4028.jpeg
    IMG_4028.jpeg
    937 KB · Views: 151
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Russel

From my experience of North Wales, it looks like any ATW to TFW rebranding of stations was done on a very tight budget.

There’s still the odd Valley Lines sign up.

Back in 2018 when KeolisAmey took over I speculated that come 2033 (when the franchise was due to end) that there would still be turquoise in random parts of the network.

GWVillager

I don't know how many stations are left with faded Arriva signage on TfW's network but it seems like an awful lot of them. Turquoise writing, turquoise strips (or covered with a white strip in the case of nameboards), Rail Alphabet, etc) but I'm hoping TfW get rid of it soon as it looks horrendous.

Anyway, whether or not someone can answer about that, just wanted to notify that Newport has had all of its faded ATW style nameboards on Platform 1 completely replaced with new ones. The poles are still Arriva turquoise banded.

Some on Platform 2 and 3 too, but some of those at the far Northern end where people don't often wander remain ATW ones, curiously. However, these now have smart red bands on the poles instead of the turquoise ones.

Platform 4 looks shoddy because enormous white patches have been left by the old nameboards showing up the dirt, and some patches haven’t even got a new nameboard to replace the one removed.
Specifically for Newport, it’s still very much a work in progress so I’d cut them a bit of slack. The new canopy looks so good I’m willing to trust them on the rest!

L401CJF

Established Member
Majority of the North Wales coast has been done now including Shotton, Flint, Prestatyn, Rhyl, Llandudno Junction, Llandudno. Can't remember if any between Bangor and Holyhead have been done or the Blaenau Branch.

Bidston-Wrexham fully done along with Helsby, Frodsham and Runcorn East.

Flint and Runcorn East have/are undergoing some improvements including new shelters benches etc. Flint is having waiting rooms and booking office refurbed. Lots of the old Arriva CIS platform screens have been replaced now too.

Chester of course undergoing a makeover at the moment and plenty of new shelters replaced tatty Arriva ones recently across the North.

Jez

Established Member
I noticed recently that my local mainline stations Neath and Port Talbot Parkway have both been updated with TFW branding and had the new screens on the platforms which look very smart. Bridgend and Swansea were done quite a while ago.

I need to check the Swanline stations. Ive a feeling they still have the old screens and just white stickers over the ATW branding but have new shelters i think.

I think Baglan still has the Swanline logo from the MId 1990s!

dorsetdesiro

Are there any bits of the NatEx Wales & West/Wales & Borders of old still lingering on the TfW network such as dark blue paint etc?

If not, then ATW did quite a job covering everything up in their colours!

Status
Not open for further replies.