• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW Strike Day timetables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradleyd

South Wales, but from the flat Southlands of lincs
I may have missed it, but does anyone know what TFW are likely to be doing on the core valleys lines? During the last action, I think they were running trains from pontypridd to radyr and then then RRBs to Llandaff, cathay, Queen Street and Cardiff central. Is it likely to be the same again? Am trying to work out if I I'm going to need to try and change my office day in cardiff on Wednesday to Friday instead

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Doveymain158

I may have missed it, but does anyone know what TFW are likely to be doing on the core valleys lines? During the last action, I think they were running trains from pontypridd to radyr and then then RRBs to Llandaff, cathay, Queen Street and Cardiff central. Is it likely to be the same again? Am trying to work out if I I'm going to need to try and change my office day in cardiff on Wednesday to Friday instead
i think its different this time between 0730 & 1830 one train an hour each from Treherbert, Aberdare & Merthyr to Cardiff vice versa.

Doveymain158

So, at least 3 an hr from PPD. It's trying to work out if I can cope with the RRB from radyr or not

Does that mean they're going to be managing to run on national rail lines from radyr to Cardiff?
The Core Valleys boundary between it and Network Rail is between Central & Queen St. Signalling in the Queen street are comes under control of NR. I think they going to try running the Rhymney line as well. ASNR controls that as well from same signalling workstation.

bradleyd

South Wales, but from the flat Southlands of lincs
The Core Valleys boundary between it and Network Rail is between Central & Queen St. Signalling in the Queen street are comes under control of NR. I think they going to try running the Rhymney line as well. ASNR controls that as well from same signalling workstation.
Thank you! Have just seen that the timetables are on TFWs website, it looks like what you have said is correct, but before 7:30 and after 18:30 a RRB between radyr and central

Status
Not open for further replies.