• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFW - Volume of "Internal Only" Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

B7rleThrasher

I am a regular browser of TOC job sites, but have noticed how out of all TOCs TFW consistently advertises the highest volume of "internal only" positions on their public website by quite a considerable margin. I work in a niche transport job and regularly see equivalent roles being advertised at TFW which are always listed as being internal only. I obviously understand the legal obligations that surround the advertisement of internal roles, but what is it that makes TFW stand out by such a margin? Are they keen on internal development and promotion, or is there another recruitment policy that sees them restrict applicants?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DJP78

TFW Transport For Wales?

I think they only recently did a colossal external recruitment drive for trainee train driver hence why they might possibly not be advertising externally

As for other job roles, not sure

Last edited:

skyhigh

Established Member
It's probably just the case that TfW have the same website for internal and external applicants, whereas other TOCs have a separate internal portal. I know at my TOC we get a list of internal vacancies before they're posted up on the external website.

Jacob Didcote

TFW Transport For Wales?

I think they only recently did a colossal external recruitment drive for trainee train driver hence why they might possibly not be advertising externally

As for other job roles, not sure
Did a big recruitment drive for Trainee Conductors recently as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.