• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TGV coach make up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

coupwotcoup

Off to Spain on Wednesday and have split my ticket from Paris - some of the savings are quite amazing - and can anyone confirm that the train splits at Perpignan?

If so, I am booked in coach 13 from Paris and 17 from Perpignan to Girona.

Are these likely to be in the same half of the train, or do I have to get my skates on at Perpignan? - I know there is a nine minute stop over but I ain't getting any younger... :cry:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I would expect them to be in the same unit; TGV carriages off Montparnasse are usually identified as 1-10 and 11-20. Sometimes even a TGV running singly will be 11-20 with no sign of the lower numbers.

If you can give the train ID number it should be possible to check on the SNCF timetable website if the train is a splitter or not.

Redonian

I would guess it's TGV 9715 in which case it's a TGV Duplex. 13 and 17 will be in the same part of the train. Is one ticket first class and theother second?
Enjoy the rioja.

coupwotcoup

It's 9714-15 according to the ERT and yes, the final push from Perpignan to Girona is in cattle class.

Even I can take 45 minutes with the ordinary people... :D

I'll have time at GdL to do a quick recce but thanks for your help chaps.

Rioja is on the menu of course, plus Tinto and Cava just to be sociable..

coupwotcoup

I would guess it's TGV 9715 in which case it's a TGV Duplex. 13 and 17 will be in the same part of the train. Is one ticket first class and theother second?
Enjoy the rioja.

The rioja was wonderful, although having gone OTT on it, left my passport in mate's flat along with €500 :(.

Thanks to a wonderful Eurostar employee at Paris, she helped me overcome French intransigence and my friend emailed copy of said document to her email address - my phone ain't smart - and monsieur grim allowed me through.

On the trip down just stayed in same carriage, which was pretty empty after Perpignan but was certainly overwhelmed with the new Girona station, three levels down.

Returned second class - €29 from Girona to Paris is not to be sniffed at and having arrived at GdL a minute early, I finally mastered the French ticket machines in the capital too.

Was a great month although swimming in the Med on Oct 11 still seems somewhat surreal.

coupwotcoup

I booked via captainetrain and just checked my emails and it was on September 1.

The whole lot came to €292 but the bulk of that was E* on the way out which was €129.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.