• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink Daysave

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSComic

Where is it possible to buy a Thameslink Daysave ticket? I've seen that you can buy them from Dunstable Tourist Centre, Luton Travel Centre and Brighton one stop travel shop, but where else can these be bought?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Where is it possible to buy a Thameslink Daysave ticket? I've seen that you can buy them from Dunstable Tourist Centre, Luton Travel Centre and Brighton one stop travel shop, but where else can these be bought?
Are they not currently suspended - ie not available anywhere?

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/prb652dac35ce74101b69190b10455bf.aspx
Overview

These tickets are currently not available for sale.

Unlimited off-peak travel on selected Thameslink services on the day the ticket is valid.

Aictos

Established Member
I don't know about being suspended but the only place you CAN buy them are according to the GB Rail Rover Guide is either
  • Brighton One Stop Travel
  • Dunstable Tourist Information Centre
Luton Travel Centre is no longer listed as a option.

Also the OP might be interested in knowing that the ticket is only valid:

"Note that this ticket is only valid on trains operated by Thameslink on the routes: Bedford to Brighton; Bedford to Sutton (via Wimbledon); Bedford to Sutton (via Mitcham Junction) and Bedford to Sevenoaks, it is not valid on any other journeys where Thameslink train services operate. Travel may be made up to 04:29 the following day."

I think it should be made valid on ALL Thameslink routes but what do I know?

SouthernOne

With respect, that is a different offer which probably doesn't meet the OP's requirements.
It’s the closest you will get at present! Useful to anyone in the Southern area, there maybe a Great Northern area available but no Thameslink.

JB_B

Established Member
Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, that's only offering Southern Daysave not Thameslink.

Yes - that could well be true. Certainly, I haven't been able to find a way to get a Thameslink Daysave online - the OP might want check in this thread: https://railforums.co.uk/threads/day-ranger-rover-from-brighton.216338/page-2

MSComic

All these websites are advertising thameslink daysave tickets, and claim that you can buy them from there

JB_B

Established Member

All these websites are advertising thameslink daysave tickets, and claim that you can buy them from there

The first two are links to the tourist information centres you mentioned in your original post [ for info, Brighton One Stop no longer sells rail products ] AFAICS they don't offer a method of buying online and it's possible that those websites aren't fully up-to-date. Hopefully they're correct: it would be useful to know if you find that you can indeed get a Thameslink Daysave at either Luton or Dunstable.

The third link you've quoted ( buses.co.uk ) describes the Southern Saver and Thameslink Saver products which you can buy on Brighton & Hove buses. Unfortunately, they're not nearly as flexible as DaySave products - essentially they're just a one-day local bus pass plus a rail super-off peak day return.

Status
Not open for further replies.